Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cycloid

deh lmp wad?

is it advisable to insert my deh info into the wad file, from searching i'm aware that all the boomy ports should be able to handle it it's just that i dont know how (something about a lump editor or something?) and it scares me... my wads gonna have sprites, flats, texs and the map itself, i'm worried that if i have to use siz different utils to put all the different stuff in the wad that it'll get broken!

Yes, put it in the WAD! Each time you don't put a .deh in a WAD God kills a kitten!

Just import it as a text file/raw format/whatever it's called in your editor and call it DEHACKED.

Yes, you can use WinTex. However you have to fool it to load .deh (or any other files WinText doesn't know):

• Open your wad
  • Go to Edit -> Load entry from file
  • In the pop-up box select COLORMAP in the drop-down list
  • Select your .deh file in the following dialog
  • Rename the COLORMAP lump in the WAD to DEHACKED

that doesnt work, when i go edit->load entry from file it says "must select an entry first" or something similar. if i guru->new entry the drop down box only lists the names of sounds.

edit: ok i figured it out, the list depends on what i had selected before, so i created my colormap lump, loaded deh.deh into it and renamed it DEHACKED, prboom now exits with signal 11

but the original wad + deh file work when combined at runtime. the deh itself i made in whacked

edit 2: ok it works now, there was a bogus empty colormap lump when i reloaded it back in, i deleted that and it works ok!