Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey alright well I was installing my FX5200 and its a AGP version anyway it said before I boot back into windows I need to go into CMOs and change some settings so how in the hell do I do that none of the books and manuals that came with my computer tell me how and by the way its a emachine athlon xp3200.

CMOS is the least of your worries the punctuation on your computer is broken you should get it fixed pretty fast it inhibits your ability to communicate in a fashion that I can tolerate

Ultraviolet said:

CMOS is the least of your worries the punctuation on your computer is broken you should get it fixed pretty fast it inhibits your ability to communicate in a fashion that I can tolerate

Well sorry but it isent the least of my worries. I'm trying not to fuck up my system so I dont really give a shit about grammar right now I just want to know how to get into CMOS. By the way thank you for being totaly useless.

"You first..."

"Getting into CMOS" to "change settings" is when you hit F2 or Delete or Insert or whatever the hell the proper key is for your BIOS setup menu. You'll see it as the BIOS loads when you turn the computer on: "Press [key] to enter setup."

You said "change some settings," though, so I doubt you will be successful still in finding what it is that you need to do because you don't seem to understand much about it either way, and nobody here will be able to tell you right off the bat what it is you need to do exactly either. How the hell did you install a new video card if you've never done the rest of this?

Ultraviolet said:

cre di bly un bro ken sen tence mo ving from top ic to top ic

Anyway-- by going into Google and doing a search on "geforce BIOS tutorial", I came up with THIS SITE. If it doesn't solve your problem outright, it'll at least set you in the right direction. It took me ten seconds to attain this information.
Ah, internet. Is there anything you can't do? (Besides teach kids, I mean.)

If you do not know what key to press to get into cmos, unplug keyboard and boot up, you will get msg about keyboard error and "press such and such a key to get into bios"
It probably wants you to set AGP to x4 or x8 and to set the apperture size.