Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XDelusion

New Animated Wall Texture

That depends what port youre using, or if you're not using one at all.

One way is to make one of the original animated textures something like 1024 wide, and put all different animations there, using x- offsets to use a specific animation in the level.

I would still suggest just replacing an original animation. There are some that are rather useless, like the firemag textures or whatever.

Ok both those will work great, thankx! But here is the catch, I am using Legacy in GL mode (of course) and would like to add more frames to the wall patterns.

Adding extra frames to textures works the same as with flat anims, so see the thread about that.

Ya I was reading that but did not fully understand (I'm still new to some of this).

Anyhow from what I take, I need to open up Wintex, and insert the files in this order:

BLOOD1 <- Start frame
BLOOD2
EXTRA1
EXTRA2
ETC...
BLOOD3 <- End frame

Does that mean that I should use the names EXTRA1 and EXTRA2 for the texture names as well? Or does this just mean that the textures have to be inserted within the middle of the frames in order to be added?

You can create new animations in boom compatible ports by having them named in an ANIMATED lump;
http://prboom.sourceforge.net/editing/reference-6.html#ss6.2 . It's a bit tricky though, you have to get tool from the boom editing pack from TeamTNT to make the ANIMATED lump.