Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Icarus

'Neat' Special Effects guide

Right, so i downloaded 'Hykkelbjerg's Doom Editing Pages' from the Doomworld Editing Tutorial page.

It seems pretty comprehensive of what i wanna be doing, but the problem is I can figure out where the word wrap and what not is meant to be in the Notepad files.

Has anyone got a tidied up version of these files? I tried doing it my self until i got to the ASCII interpretations of drawing sectors. I don't know what I'm doing yet, so how can i tell where the sectors are meant to be? :p

If not the above, has anyone else got another comprehensive guide to effects and whatnot they can give me?

Much appreciated :)

I looked at this before going on a hunt for a better guide.
It is good, but its not as indepth and doesn't have certain effects at all, eg, Deep water.
Thanks for the Help, mind.

If you download the 0.98a version of ZenNode, there is a special effects demonstration wad included, made by Hykkelbjerg. It showcases invisible stairs, invisible doors and deep water, among other things. Also, it comes with a configuration file for building the nodes for wads with such effects properly (for vanilla doom).