Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linux Doom

Yadex Help

I am working on a WAD based on real places (A garden, a Train, etc) and I need help with these two questions:

1. How do I add new Textures in Yadex?
2. How do I save a WAD with two levels in Yadex?

Any help will be appreciated.

For adding new textures - if you have an existing texture wad then as I recall you just have to load it in addition to the map wad.

If you want to make your own texture wad, then you'll need an additional utility called "DeuTex" that will let you put resources together into a .wad.

I don't remember as far as saving more than one level into a single wad is concerned with Yadex. It should be possible but if it does lack that functionality then you can also combine single-level .wads using DeuTex.

Does DeuxEx have a GUI? If not, could someone tell me step by step how to use this thing? If it is not to much trouble ;)

Good thing this was in the Fedora repository, I was lost looking at th installation instructions in the readme. Should have kept the Dos instructions away from the Unix ones.

For creating levels on Linux, you also might have a look at the XWE editor. It is for Windows but it runs fine with Wine on Linux.

I will not waste all the work I did learning this far to use a different editor. I would prefer something that runs Native anyways.