Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Having some problems with a walkover-teleport line...

I've created a walkover line which causes a bunch of lifts with monsters to lower in a hidden sector, with a teleport line in front of the lifts to teleport them into another sector with multiple teleport destinations, yet when I try my little contraption out, nothing happens.

Any ideas for what I'm doing wrong? I can provide pictures if this sounds too confusing.

First thing I can think of: Are your teleport destinations flagged to appear on all skill levels? It's an easier mistake to make then one might think.

Are your monsters actually waking up? Unless they are already wandering around when the lifts lower, they will not cross the lines. You need to make sure that the monsters are not "deaf" and make a small "sound tunnel" (or split the sector) connecting the monster store to the the area that the player is in. This allows the monsters to hear the player, wake up, start wandering and thereby cross the teleport lines when they become available.

After the lifts have lowered, do the monsters have enough head room to pass into the lower sector? Most monsters are 56-units tall, and can't walk into any sector that is shorter than that. Also, if the lifts don't have enough room to accommodate the monster's height, they might not lower at all.

Also, are your teleport linedefs facing the monster? Teleport linedefs can't be triggered from behind. Are the teleport landings blocked by a thing?

Enjay said:

Are your monsters actually waking up? Unless they are already wandering around when the lifts lower, they will not cross the lines. You need to make sure that the monsters are not "deaf" and make a small "sound tunnel" (or split the sector) connecting the monster store to the the area that the player is in. This allows the monsters to hear the player, wake up, start wandering and thereby cross the teleport lines when they become available.

Ah, that fixed it! Thanks!