Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alamainaloha

Changing default textures in doom builder

How do you change the default texture in Doom Builder 2.1.0.1356? I have the Doom Builder Guide, 1.2, by John Anderson. Doom Builer 2.1 has a different look than as shown in the Guide. In DB 2.1, under Tools/Game Configurations, there is no "default" tab to access the texture changing option. The DB Guide was from 2004.

Thanks

a

That guide was written for Doom Builder 1. Yes it is old and it is hardly useful with Doom Builder 2.

With Doom Builder 2 you don't really need default textures. The first room you draw will get some texture you might not like (I bet on STARTAN). Then change that room to have textures you actually want to use. Anything you draw from there on will either use textures adjacent to your drawing, or a texture that is already used in your map.

CodeImp said:

That guide was written for Doom Builder 1. Yes it is old and it is hardly useful with Doom Builder 2.

With Doom Builder 2 you don't really need default textures. The first room you draw will get some texture you might not like (I bet on STARTAN). Then change that room to have textures you actually want to use. Anything you draw from there on will either use textures adjacent to your drawing, or a texture that is already used in your map.

I find that this frequently doesn't seem to work as expected, and I'll end up with Doom Builder trying to texture new areas either with a fence midtexture I used somewhere nearby, or sometimes with a texture from a resource wad I was using for something else. It's rather easy to accidentally end up with invalid texture errors in a map without even realizing it, for unseen structures that have been automatically textured with resources that don't exist in the wad currently being worked on.

Thanks... thought I was going crazy, I couldn't find the tab. It seems like a good option to have and maybe should have been kept. But maybe it isn't necessary, as you say. And you're right... it defaults to Startan.

Just wondering... is there any updated guide of any sort for DB 2.1.0.1356.

Thanks again,

a