Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VGamingJunkie

Political Wackos

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?3hme6v71ij4dphu

Video footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuZn2u-wv1k

The idea is you can play as political figures with unique traits to them. Since it uses 3D models for some weapons, it requires an OpenGL Source Port.

Characters:

Barack Obama: Pistol and fist replaced with a short ranged syringe that gives you health as it deals damage.

Bill o' Reilly: Pistol replaced with a shout attack that does a great deal of explosive damage at the cost of 10 health.

Mike Huckabee: Pistol replaced with a hunting 12-guage which takes longer to shoot but the shells can be retrieved and reused.

Mitt Romney: Start with chaingun instead of pistol and twice as many bullets. The catch is your health tops out at 47%.

Stephen Colbert: Pistol replaced with Colt gun that fires more quickly.

Each class has full HUD faces for damage and god mode.

My apologies for the lack of visual quality, I'm not so good with model textures.

Suggestions for abilities or characters welcomed.

MetroidJunkie said:

Suggestions for abilities or characters welcomed.

If you can do politicians from other countries: George Osborne.

Eris Falling said:

If you can do politicians from other countries: George Osborne.

Sure, why not? It doesn't have to be limited to US Politicians, the potential humorous side of politics is universal. =S

MetroidJunkie said:

Sure, why not? It doesn't have to be limited to US Politicians, the potential humorous side of politics is universal. =S

silvio berlusconi, that is all and maybe Kim Jong Un :P

cannonball said:

silvio berlusconi, that is all and maybe Kim Jong Un :P

Ha, that's a really good idea. Kim's been in the news lately with his empty threats. =P

If I figure out how, I intend to make Stephen Colbert randomly crack jokes when you pick up weapons and kill enemies, kind of like Duke Nukem.

Politicians from other countries? Take a look at Hungary! Ferenc Gyurcsány, Viktor Orbán...our most iconic "enemies"...

If you know about SNDINFO, then this http://zdoom.org/wiki/Predefined_sounds can help you, using $random with multiple wpnup SFX shouldn't be tough and will help you get on with making Stephen crack jokes.

I've used this before so i can provide an example if you need, I made it so random splatter sounds are played when someone is gibbed, though.

I know it can be done because someone else who made a multi-class mod had Duke Nukem as a playable character with his usual wise cracks attached to the weapons, kills, and starting out. It appears as though he did it by giving Duke's weapons custom damage that gives an item at custom death which, in turn, causes a random sound to be played.