Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellmo

my bobby-prince-wannabe piece

I didn't know where to put it, maybe it belongs to Everything Else more, but it is related to classic Doom.

DISCLAIMER: I have never, ever, ever written a music piece before. I don't know anything about music notation and I probably grasp about 10% of music-related terminology. I'm still learning a lot about Reason, but what I already know was enough to patch this thing together.

It's inspired by Bobby Prince's works and intentionally made to sound almost like a MIDI. I aimed for something slow, slightly spooky, with a damp feeling. More for exploration and puzzle solving than berserk-fueled Revenant smashing.

https://soundcloud.com/ellmunzai/damptown

I'm really interested in opinions, especially constructive, technical ones, becasue – you know – de gustibus non est disputandum.

I don't speak French but while I get the spooky/puzzle mood of the tune, I dunno how much of a Doomy/Bobby Prince vibe I get. I do see where it is a little like a Bobby Prince tune, but something about the instruments or the lounge-like quality doesn't quite sell as a doom track to my ears. I think i'd rather toke on a hooka pipe than play doom to this music.

While I think it's somewhat similar in terms of structure to a track Bob Prince would make, I don't quite get the Bob Price vibe either out of this tune. At least not the "Doom-vibe"... it sounds more like a tune we could find in Commander Keen or game like that.