Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Opening the door behind the SSG crashes vanilla. What the fuck?

Also, you don't use sky this way, there's a special flat for this, I also saw bars as solid textures with tutti-fruities. Please playtest.

Strange -_- .....i didn't have this problem with Dvanilla.
I know i tried make an effect but i miss. :/ (sorry i'm a begginer with Doom Builder)
I didn't understand what do you say about "bars" and "tutti-fruities" can you explain plz ? ^^

Did you playtest the wad in actual vanilla or in Chocolate Doom? If you made the map in vanilla format, but only playtested it in (G)ZDoom or another advanced source port, then it's well possible that you've missed critical problems with the map's compatibility. Always playtest in the lowest-advanced port you claim compatibility with.

Aww....ok thanks i edit my Thread now (if i understand well my map is not compatible Vanilla, true ?)

Overall for a third attempt, not too great. Lots of shotgunning Hell Knights and Cacodemons in a corridor which isn't very fun. The weapons aren't really given for any reason besides just being there, though the rocket launcher was one of the more well placed ones. The general design is very square/rectangular (I fall into this trap too, before anyone calls me out for being hypocritical) and is generally rather boring to look at.

You also forgot to change the flat on this part from the water texture

You also want to use a single impassable linedef if you want to use a transparent texture instead of raising a wall or it creates that black effect and use the sky texture on y'know the sky instead of the wall, giving the walls no textures so the skybox extends down to the ground instead of looking like a painting on the wall. I also don't get what's going on with your choice of textures towards the end when you (I assume) disembark the boat(?) and go from grey textures to the green bricks and then to the brown/beige coloured ones. It seems to just be slapped together with no rhyme or reason.