Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

XBOX=Death of PC?

Xbox takes the pc gaming away from us!
Today New Legends became an exclusive Xbox title!
Halo is probably going to be an exclusive Xbox title also!
Next thing we hear:Doom 3 an exclusive Xbox title!
Microsoft will probably turn to ID to make it one!
If things will go on this way why waste money on expensive processors,video cards,memory etc... when all hot games will be on Xbox? If things will go on like this and Doom 3 will be Xbox only I will buy Xbox and not waste tons of money on a new computer!
Doom 3 will definetly be on Xbox but it may as well turn out to be Xbox only!
I HOPE IT WON'T HAPPEN!
I HATE MICROSOFT FOR TURNING TO CONSOLES!
I don't want to buy an Xbox but if things will go on like that I will just have to do that like all of you!

Guest mancuvus

deamn i dont want that either, the doom was made for the pc and there is where it belongs, dont let that mother fuckers take it from us, also is funier to play it in the keyboard or with the mouse, whatever, imaging playing a game like doom with a control, it sucks

This is iD man! They will never release a game that's made exclusively for console! Besides... Xbox is not as powerful as a good PC. I hear it has something like a 300 mHz processor in it or something. Doom 3 will probably require a GHz to make it look somewhat good! Besides... PC will never be replaced.

Can you edit games on the x-box?
Can you make new maps on the x-box?
Can you make total conversions on the x-box?

I don't think so because so many other consoles never did.

If it is for the x-box exclusivly i'll shit a big one!

Reason:
70% of the reason why I play games is editing them, otherwise they get boring *quick*, I have to have some stake in manipulating the game rules and environment.

Psyonisis said:

This is iD man! They will never release a game that's made exclusively for console! Besides... Xbox is not as powerful as a good PC. I hear it has something like a 300 mHz processor in it or something. Doom 3 will probably require a GHz to make it look somewhat good! Besides... PC will never be replaced.

The companies making X-Box exclusive titles are OWNED by Microsoft. Other video game companies, like Capcom, Konami, and yes, iD Software, have signed on as developers that will release titles on their own accord but have no limits of exclusivity.

As for the X-Box itself, it has a Pentium III 733, 64 megs of ram, a DVD rom drive, plus it comes out exactly one year from now and will debut for $200.

Said Simply, there is just so much more you can do with a PC, and consoles will never be able to replace them. Editing, Massive Multiplaying, saving without buying a stupid mem pack, ability to upgrade at will (providing you have the money), etc etc. Console gaming is just a cheaper alternative if you are just a gamer, nothing more, and not interested in fiddleing around with games, adding an almost endless supply of mods to them, and creating levels and enviroments that make you feel like you've not wasted your time sitting around pressing A and B over and over. I'm not putting down the console gamers out there, I like to play on them myself, with friends, but replayability with console games is a laugh, once you've beat them, found all the secrets which you can buy a guide for, or beat your racing record over and over, its boring. I've been revisiting Doom ever since it came out now, I remember when I was young and my mom wouldnt even let me buy it so I had my friend copy it for me :), but I've never gone back to play Super Mario Bros on Nintendo or Resident Evil 2 on Play Station.

Its actually all about what you want to spend your time doing. Period.

A console that can do anything a computer can do will just be a computer then, they are two totally different machines, besides games.

mancuvus said:

deamn i dont want that either, the doom was made for the pc and there is where it belongs, dont let that mother fuckers take it from us, also is funier to play it in the keyboard or with the mouse, whatever, imaging playing a game like doom with a control, it sucks

I despise console dooms, they make me literally sick trying to play on little joysticks, that I cant play more then a few minutes of it. Beginning of Doom 64 was kinda cool but the rest of the game just wasnt as good as good old PC doom. Console type games should stick to consoles, PC games to the PC, I have never seen a really good port from each. Thats my opinion.

Guest Ohso

XBOX kill PC's ?

Never. Think about it. Which is changing more to become like the other; consoles or PC's?

Answer: Consoles are changing to become more PC's like with the addition of broadband connections, DVD players, hard drives, etc.

Consoles will never replace PC's - They will BECOME PC's.