Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MH101

Nuclear Season IWAD

Hello,

I'm in the process of planning the story behind a standalone iwad id like to make called Nuclear Season (full title Nuclear Season 5? or Just-Like-New Francesco). It's a parody of the Fallout series of games with the 1970s cartoon aesthetic. 

I'd like to know if it would be possible to add in a quest system for the main quest line as well as any side quests I can think up. I'd also like to make an inventory system like the pip boy in the series. 

I'm using ZDoom. 

Look no further. Strife is just that, and it's an IWAD from the '90s. ZDoom can most definitely create a quest system.

29 minutes ago, Voros said:

Look no further. Strife is just that, and it's an IWAD from the '90s. ZDoom can most definitely create a quest system.

Cool, but what about side quests? Like a journal of quests you have yet to complete?

1 hour ago, MH101 said:

Cool, but what about side quests? Like a journal of quests you have yet to complete?

There are sidequests in strife. Not sure about the journal bit though.

And would it be possible to have motion cutscenes? Like a planned on having some that would make fun of events in post nuclear. 

1 minute ago, MH101 said:

And would it be possible to have motion cutscenes? Like a planned on having some that would make fun of events in post nuclear. 

With ZDoom, it is infact Possible

If this is your first project ever I would suggest to start with something small: like a level and not a full Total Conversion. I saw so many newbie projects dead from their own "weight" : so if you can start with something little you can learn better the technology behind for making mods and don't have fear for playing with the engine.

And if your hardware supports latest version of gzdoom use that instead of zdoom: it has the new script system known as zscript which is more powerful than ACS and it has a lot of optimizations in the rendering engine, and other neat features like portals.

I do need to develop the story more anyway and plus I haven't made a real map yet. The closest was fiddling around with doom builder one time. 

Also, I'd like to add a hole in a wall like if there's an explosive can next to it like it in Duke Nukem 3D. if possible, how would I do it in GZDoom Builder or Slade 3?