Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LexiMax

Quick editing question [ZDoom and DoomBuilder related]

Simple. All i want to do is make ZDoom sloped surfaces with Doombuilder. How do I go about doing this?

I took a look at a map which had it, but it wasn't exactly helpful, the sector seemed normal, and the linedef that was on the upper side of the incline seemed normal. The lower linedef had a line special of 300-something, a property that doombuilder didn't list.

I looked over the ZDoom editing manual thingy, and maybe I overlooked something obvious but I didn't see anyhting on this topic. So, I pose the question to you people. How do I make ZDoom sloped surface in Doombuilder.

the Linedef action number under the properties tab is 181.
It slopes the frontside of the linedef to the next sectors height. put a one for floor if you want the flooor to slope, 1 for ceiling if you want the ceiling to slope.
It is hard to find because it isn't called slope, but 'H plane align'.

(I think I am mostly correct about the information.)

AlexMax said:

Simple. All i want to do is make ZDoom sloped surfaces with Doombuilder. How do I go about doing this?

I took a look at a map which had it, but it wasn't exactly helpful, the sector seemed normal, and the linedef that was on the upper side of the incline seemed normal. The lower linedef had a line special of 300-something, a property that doombuilder didn't list.

I looked over the ZDoom editing manual thingy, and maybe I overlooked something obvious but I didn't see anyhting on this topic. So, I pose the question to you people. How do I make ZDoom sloped surface in Doombuilder.

From the linedef number 300+ I'm guessing this map is in Doom format, right? For this map format the following line specials for slopes are available:

340 "-- Slope the Floor in front of the line"
341 "-- Slope the Ceiling in front of the line"
342 "-- Slope the Floor+Ceiling in front of the line" 343 "-- Slope the Floor behind the line"
344 "-- Slope the Ceiling behind the line"
345 "-- Slope the Floor+Ceiling behind the line"
346 "-- Slope the Floor behind+Ceiling in front of the line"
347 "-- Slope the Floor in front+Ceiling behind the line"

Since almost everybody who is editing for ZDoom is using the more flexible Hexen map format these ones are not well known.

I will include these line actions in the ZDoom (Doom in Doom format) configuration file with the next version.