Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiR

DiR's Noise Tank: A MIDI Collection [Commissions Open!]

1475603395_DiRsNoiseTank.png.3f263120c513d61a0231eceebefc558e.png

Hey everyone, DiR here. I've made a bunch of MIDIs scattered around different projects, and I've collected them here as a "one stop shop" for better organization going forward. Not all of my songs are the typical doom-fare, but nonetheless I hope at least some of them pique your interest.

You can use these MIDIs in your own projects as long as you give credit. If you do, let me know so I can play 'em! I update this archive with some new MIDIs every now and then so check back and you might hear something new.

- 2022 MIDIs -

Spoiler

1. Coagulation Coast (5:04)

Appearance: Noobie Micromap Community Project

Description: My first Doom MIDI, something devilish is brewing on the shores of a blood-filled ocean.

2. Greg Was An Ice Cream Man (2:56)

Appearance: v64 Community Project

Description: Funky slap-bass powered synth groove, short but fitting for a not-so lengthy map.

3. Cold Gas Propulsion Schematic (3:27)

Appearance: v64 Community Project

Description: A contemplative synth MIDI, faced against a large number of hell's forces with limited supplies.

4. Class Action Suit & Tie (3:33)

Appearance: Baron Door Trilogy: Final Door

Description: Power-forward 7/8 Hard rock tune, to get the player hyped but keeps them on their toes.

5. Archie Sins (Based on Robert Prince's "Sinister" & "The Healer Stalks") (5:13)

Appearance: Baron Door Trilogy: Final Door

Description: Combines the two hall-themed tracks from Doom 1 and 2, then kicks things into rush hour during the finale.

6. Oh, What's This? (2:55)

Appearance: Pleasant Vibes From The Party Garage

Description: Light-hearted, goofy melody. Probably doesn't fit the tone of Doom at all, but I used it and you could too if you really wanted to.

2022 MIDI Compilation Video (22:45)

- 2023 MIDIs -

Spoiler

7. Catch The Late Night Flight (3:48)
        Appearance: ???
        Description: DnB/Jungle-esque track inspired by the calm yet always active atmosphere of an airport. Somewhat of a lullaby too.

8. Bullet Train (3:47)

Appearance: Venom Vendetta
        Description: Dark funk synth, inspired by Tim Follins' work on the Plok! Boss Theme and Carpenter Brut.

9. Central Fissure (3:44)

Appearance: Limit Buffet
        Description: An odd foreign-ish sounding synth rock song. Part of a compositional challenge to have no notes in the middle octave.

10a. Any Second Now (0:11)

Description: Sneaky, restrained 11-second track. Part of a compositional challenge to create an 11 second song.

10b. Any Second Now (Feature Length) (5:37)

Description: A continuation of the original 11 second track. Part of a compositional challenge to create a song in locrian.

11. Teleport Trap (3:01)

Description: Disjointed beat with guns and a helicopter for some reason. Part of a compositional challenge to mostly use unpitched instruments.

12. Barons Per Mancubus (2:27)

Description: Industrial engine that takes a while to start up. Part of a compositional challenge to have the BPM steadily increase.

13. Discotech Infierno (4:34)

Appearance: The Halls Speak To Me
        Description: Italo Disco, but not because of Italo Doom. Incredibly loosely based on "The Healer Stalks".

14. Motion Pitcher (5:25)

Appearance: Limit Buffet
        Description: Contemplative backing track as I do a C418 impression. Written in 9/8 to feel like the music is taking a "breaths".

15. Dot Matrix Constellation (2:43)

Appearance: The Halls Speak to Me
        Description: Imposing, high-tech, space-age Underhalls. I had to cut the salsa part because it didn't fit with the tone.

More coming soon!

GRAB SOME MIDIS HERE, THEY'RE FREE:

DiR's Noise Tank - Google Drive (.mp3 previews included)

Note: All my MIDIs composed with Microsoft GS Wavetable in mind, since I figured that's the soundfont most people would be listening to it on.

[NEW] WANT A CUSTOM TRACK? COMMISSIONS ARE OPEN!

Spoiler

= - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - =

WHAT I CAN AND CANNOT DO FOR YOU

= - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - =

CAN-DO:

• Rock, Metal, Industrial, Electronic, Jungle/DnB, and more, let me know and I'll give it a try.
  • Odd time signatures, if you need something a little more off-kilter than 4/4.
  • I can provide .wav/.flac/.mp3 versions of the MIDI with mixing and mastering for an additional fee.

NO-CAN-DO:

• I don't do unpaid commissions. If you can't pay, then that's okay. You are free to use the existing MIDIs above.
  • No transcriptions. You can suggest reference songs for pointers in the compositional process, but I don't do transcriptions.

GENERAL GUIDELINES

Where can I contact you?

You can send MIDI requests through my PMs here on Doomworld. I may not always respond swiftly due to college work, but I will try to get back to you when I can.

What should I provide?

In your PM, let me know about the following:

• Your project. Optimally, I would like a playable wad so I can play it and get a feel for myself, but screenshots should suffice. If there are no visuals yet, please explain your project or idea to help me get a sense of the mood you're going for.
  • Desired musical characteristics such as the tempo, genre, instrumentation, etc. You can also provide some sample songs if you have particular elements that aren't easily described through text.
  • Desired track length to aid in the composition process. If no track length is provided, I compose tracks to be about 3-4 minutes long on average.

How do I pay?

I perform all my transactions through PayPal. All listed prices are in US Dollars. If you need a conversion rate, let me know.

All completed MIDIs are non-exclusive unless stated otherwise.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1:00 & Under: Starts at $30USD

1:01-2:00: Starts at $40USD

2:01-3:00: Starts at $50USD

3:01-4:00: Starts at $60USD

4:01-5:00: Starts at $70USD

5:01-6:00: Starts at $80USD

6:01-7:00: Starts at $90USD

7:01 or Longer: Up for discussion, starts at $90USD

Note: Prices are based on agreed upon MIDI length. If the final MIDI is longer than agreed upon, I will not charge extra. (and you get a freebie, in a way)

ADDITIONAL:

HQ Audio Format Version: +$10USD - I will provide a .wav/.flac and .mp3 versions of the MIDI with additional post-processing for a better listening experience.

Additional Feedback Session: +$5USD per session - If you are still unhappy after the first feedback session, you can request additional changes to the MIDI.

Exclusivity Rights: Double Price - If you do not want the MIDI to be held publicly, you can pay extra for the MIDI to be yours and yours alone once it's done.

All prices listed are inclusive of one feedback session where suggestions for improvements can be made before they are finalized.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Payment for the composition is provided upfront and I do not begin work until the payment is received. Additional feedback sessions will not be put into effect until paid for. If you are unhappy with the end product even after the feedback session, I can arrange a refund.

Happy Listening!

- DiR

Edited by DiR : Updated MIDI Info

Uploaded a video showcasing the MIDIs I did in 2022 so you don't have to go digging around the google drive for previews.

(There's a couple visual errors in the video but don't mind them lol)

Here's to hopefully making more (and better) MIDIs in 2023.

Recently added some more MIDIs I recently composed earlier this year. No preview video, but the archive has been updated with 6 new songs.

- NEW MIDIs -

8. Bullet Train (3:47)

9. Central Fissure (3:44)

10a/10b. Any Second Now (0:11/5:37)

11. Teleport Trap (3:01)

12. Barons Per Mancubus (2:27)

Individual descriptions and info have been added to the main post.

1 hour ago, DiR said:

Barons Per Mancubus

Sounds like my slotter 2 map, will download and take a listen to all of em.

Also where's the mystery number 7?

1 hour ago, Codename_Delta said:

Sounds like my slotter 2 map, will download and take a listen to all of em.

Ah yeah, forgot about that one. The composition was around for a while already, but I haven't gotten around to creating the MIDI for it. I'll probably add it in later once I have more time.

These are super cool, you’ve made so many too.. Gonna be giving all these a listen today. I randomly picked Coagulation Coast as a sampler and it’s so catchy, holy crap.

Archie Sins is great too, the Healer Stalks fused into this badass song is adorable for lack of a better word. Fantastic.

34 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I randomly picked Coagulation Coast as a sampler and it’s so catchy, holy crap.

try UV-Maxing TNMCP Map 7 and see if that still stands, it almost definitely will, considering of course, how good the map and midi both are, and how theyre intended to be together.

On 4/14/2023 at 1:22 AM, Doomkid said:

These are super cool, you’ve made so many too.. Gonna be giving all these a listen today. I randomly picked Coagulation Coast as a sampler and it’s so catchy, holy crap.

Archie Sins is great too, the Healer Stalks fused into this badass song is adorable for lack of a better word. Fantastic.

On 4/14/2023 at 2:00 AM, Witchkvlt Archwizard said:

Excellent! Coagulation Coast made me smile

Hey, glad you liked them! Coagulation Coast was my first foray into composing for general MIDI (but not my first song ever), and I've been hooked on making 'em ever since. Heck, I think I've kinda neglected making non-MIDI music for a while now :P

Added three more MIDIs to the bunch, check 'em out! Also fixed up an old one that was broken while I was at it.

On 4/13/2023 at 6:58 PM, Codename_Delta said:

Well here it is, mystery number 7! I'll admit I forgot about the project file for a while and let it collect dust :P

- NEW MIDIs -

7. Catch The Late Night Flight (3:48)

14. Motion Pitcher (5:25)

15. Dot Matrix Constellation (2:43)

- UPDATED MIDIs -

Finally wrangled (most) of the lag issues on this one. Note that it may still lag on actual hardware but to my knowledge doesn't lag anymore on the default Microsoft GS Wavetable, which should be fine for most cases.

Individual descriptions and info have been added to the main post.

How'd I miss this?!? Insta-download from me.

EDIT: Had a listen to the full set. Straight bangers all the way through. Hardly a surprise though. Excellent work on these.

Glad you came back to number 7, it's a fantastic piece. And I love me some Italo Disco; I even have a few Koto midis in my favorites folder waiting for a map, so Discotech Infierno was just right up my alley.

Edited by TheLippyServer

Just opened a commissions section! It's been in the works for a while since I had to round all the details together but it's up there.