Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Doom Builder Problem

When I try to assign a tag or a sector effect to a linedef or sector, DB likes to change it or if things actually remain as I put them in, it doesn't work. I know there's a DB problem thread, but this requires a more immediate answer, if there is one, and also, it might not be the editor's fault somehow. Any ideas?

Hey.
I need more information to your problem.

Which game is this for (Doom, Heretic, Hexen)
Which "version" (port) of <game> is this for?

You can drop me an email at tolwyn@tolwyn.com and ZIP and send the PWAD. Let me know what you're trying to do (by sector number) and I'll see if I can replicate the PROBLEM with my installation.

I've got a 350+ sector PWAD I'm about to complete right now and I've yet to experience any issue with DB that wasn't caused by my own error (with a noted exception that I'm making CodeImp aware of).

Thanks.
Tolwyn

Heh, thank you Tolwyn! :) But please note that you have version 1.5 beta so its not the same what he has (probably 1.42). So much has changed inside 1.5.

I fixed the remote linedef issue, but I have a lot of problems with open sectors. I'm not sure why though, since I even pre-plot and insert the vertexes where the sector will go.

Make sure vertice stitch is on.

I've accidentally had it turned off and layed a lindef directly over another linedef without them "merging" together.

It was only by accident that I found it.

Some consistency checking in DB would be icing on the cake. :)

Oh, by the way, I have 1.42 and 1.5 beta installed.
Otherwise, what kind of tester would I be?? :D

Tolwyn said:

Make sure vertice stitch is on.

How do you do that?

You can toggle that with a key command.
It's also displayed in your status bar (at the bottom by default). With the mouse, you can actually click that and it will toggle itself, too.

It's toggleable like snap to grid.

Is toggleable a word?

Tolwyn said:

Is toggleable a word?

Of course; it might not be in the dictionary but the meaning is obvious and to the point.