Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Exca

Plutonia 2 Help

Hello guys,

First of all apologies for the topic, I am pretty sure many have opened the same one asking for help in running Pl2. The search didn't give me any results so I am forced to open it. I managed to run PL2 accidentally once but after moving the whole folder the Pl2 was broken again.

Basically, I downloaded the Final Doom, the Pl2 Wad, the ZDoom all in the same folder. Now what do I need to do in order to run Pl2?

Please help me. It seems like a simple task and I usually don't have problem finding a solution on my own but this is seriously driving me mad.

As far as I know all you need to do is set the wad to open with ZDoom(Open With...) and when it starts up you select Final Doom as the IWAD. Also Plutonia 2 doesn't need to be in the same folder as ZDoom, but any IWAD files you want to run with it do need to reside there.

In this case, simply drag&drop pl2.wad on Zdoom.exe and select Plutonia in the popup window. Note that you need to have doom2.wad and plutonia.wad in the same folder.

Yeah, it was just as simple as this. Plutonia2 doesn't appear on the Zdoom list and this is where i was confused. All I needed to is to drag n drop on the Zdoom and select doom2 in the pop up window.

Seems like it runs now... thanks guys.

Exca said:

and select doom2 in the pop up window.

No, you should select "Final Doom: Plutonia Experiment". The pop up window lets you select IWAD, and Plutonia.wad is the intended IWAD for Plutonia 2. You will see missing textures (black ones) if you run it with Doom 2 as the IWAD.

Also, instead of drag and drop, you can associate the .wad file suffix to be always launched in ZDoom (or another port of your choice) upon double clicking any .wad file anywhere on your computer.

No, you should select "Final Doom: Plutonia Experiment". The pop up window lets you select IWAD, and Plutonia.wad is the intended IWAD for Plutonia 2. You will see missing textures (black ones) if you run it with Doom 2 as the IWAD.

You must be right. I played the first level and it seemed way too dark. Will check right now, thanks.

Also, instead of drag and drop, you can associate the .wad file suffix to be always launched in ZDoom (or another port of your choice) upon double clicking any .wad file anywhere on your computer.

This is not working for me and is the main reason I've been struggling to run PL2.

Exca said:

This is not working for me

That's because you must manually choose the port the first time you try it. There should be a dialogue asking which program do you want to open this file with, you must navigate to ZDoom's executable and check "always open files with this suffix in this program". Or you must set it up via "Default Programs" settings (or I don't know how exactly it is called on English computers, I'm not English).