Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrupted Marine

Technical Darkness [new project]

Hey Corrupt, I've noticed you're using my Pulse-Meter in your screen shots, have you gotten it coded to work properly? If so, are there any other frames you need?

Also, I can get you a list of sounds (the one that was deleted) for the weapons and doors.

the pulse meter is fully functionable! :D
and, as your health decreases, the meter gets faster and faster, until you die and then its a flat line.
its working out very cool!

i dont really need the sounds at the moment, but soon, cuz im making a bunch of new guns for the project. ;)

Corrupted Marine said:

the pulse meter is fully functionable! :D
and, as your health decreases, the meter gets faster and faster, until you die and then its a flat line.
its working out very cool!

i dont really need the sounds at the moment, but soon, cuz im making a bunch of new guns for the project. ;)

Excellente! I looked a few pages back and while the project ITSELF is coming along all right, I think that the maps are a bit of a waste of GZDOOM. Can we not just have it in ZDOOM so that people who hate 3D rendering can give it a go?

well, that is a good point, and it may be better for other people. however, someone has to set new standards for doom... i mean, doom can go noowhere unless we look toward the future, and take that next step.

besides, i can safely say, that even if they dont like the 3d rendering, the content and gameplay of the TD project will blow their mind when it is done! :D

What if it is impossible for some people (IE, me) to use said 3D rendering because of crappy hardware?

Corrupted Marine said:

of the TD project

These weapons are looking great corrupt.

Couldn't help but notice the similar titles. ;P

Comiclez said:

What if it is impossible for some people (IE, me) to use said 3D rendering because of crappy hardware?

well, then you should get a better computer! :P
i guess we could do it for zdoom if you think it is best. but it would be much more attractive with 3d floors and dynamic lights...

thanks homer for the comments!

Will an average Laptop be able to use Gzdoom because i am going to get one soon (no internet though :'( )

Will the maps blow the minds off of other people away because of my one? ( Lol )

Corrupted Marine said:

well, then you should get a better computer! :P
i guess we could do it for zdoom if you think it is best. but it would be much more attractive with 3d floors and dynamic lights...

thanks homer for the comments!

Of course ZDOOM is better, 3D floors arent all they're cut out to be. Neither are Dynamic lights. We need to show people that those are just the pretty pictures on the wall, we need to make the maps good enough NOT to need that.

And I have a better computer, I'm just not done setting it up yet, and wont be until all of the lazy grows out of me, and that wont be soon.

i just really like gzdoom, cuz gzdoom has everything zdoom has and much much more! and it all the 3d floors and dynamic lights just makes it look like pure art.

sausage:
yes, a new laptop should do the trick, i mean the computer im using is like 5 years old, and i can still run gzdoom full speed! :)
im running it on a geforce 4 video card...