phi108

SMWG: Adamantium Rage

Old updates in spoiler

Spoiler

EDIT: Newest version, very bottom

EDIT: New version: bottom of post

EDIT: Bug fixed, New DL below

Update:
-You can use the Plasma Coil and Shotgun at the same time, with lower plasma accuracy.
-The Warhammer can now hold 3 shells ready to fire. Each shell is a bit less accurate than the last.
-The RPK has the chaingun 2-bullet firing behavior, for more efficient RPK sniping(not perfectly accurate like the chaingun, though). Works pretty accurately one-handed, as well.
-All pistol and RPK bullets do a bit more damage, and the RPK auto-fire spread is a little bit wider.
-The Heretic RPK can now be used when the shotgun is in the left hand, with less accuracy. The one-handed Heretic Plasma coil has better accuracy than the Doom one-handed plasma.
-Better Shotgun animation when drawing a left-handed pistol.
-Powered up Heretic pistols (similar to a shotgun blast, but from a pistol. Neato!) Heretic's powered dual pistols are pretty powerful now.
-Zombie Plasma Tank can appear in place of an arachnotron, and often a pistol zombie pops out when you destroy it. Thanks Xim, Enjay, and 3drealms!
-Removed alternate archvile death.

-Implemented IWAD-specific sprites in the Ready states of weapons, so now when you cheat or get all weapons, you can never accidentaly switch to a weapon version for the wrong game. You still need to pick the correct class for your iwad, though.

-Oh yeah, and new sounds for the shotguns. I hope I'm not driving anyone crazy with all the sound changes....

EDIT: OLD download
OLD DOWNLOAD: At DRDTEAM, FINALLY: SMWGun9Hf.pk3: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/LYzqwllWeN/smwgun9hf.pk3 9.7 MB

Spring break! So I may have time to get more stuff done.
TO DO:
-oops, I just created some Textures errors deleting old patches. Fix those, and the old inventory item class name bug.
-6 months have passes since I wanted to do it, finally get a tertiary fire mode working.
-More monster knockouts
-try to get everything else done, too.

EDIT: NEW version:
UPDATE: Undoing much of the damage from the previous :
-Two shells for warhammer. First shell slightly more accurate than second. If users are OK with the extra power, you can copy the 3 shell code from the last version.
-Toned down bullet damage, maybe I'll experiment more, and maybe up the damage again with wider bullet spread.
-A bit more vertical spread for one-handed plasma
-Fixed the textures and old inventory errors
-Fixed the weapon icons for the zdoom althud
-Old shotgun sounds are back. Users can switch sounds between last version and this one, if you like certain sounds, sndinfo editing required.

OLD DOWNLOAD: SMWGuns9I.pk3 http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/RUC2OJ4NnA/smwguns9i.pk3 9.7 MB

And the 2 shell warhammer shot does an average of 216 damage, while the SSG did 200 dmg, though the 2 shell sequence does take a bit longer than a SSG reload.

EDIT: NEWEST

UPDATE:
-In Heretic, the Mace can be replaced by a Warhammer, Noisycricket, or both. A warhammer shot uses one arrow and 3 mace ammo.
-New set of pistol sprites for the right hand: Now it doesn't look like there's a casing ejection port on both sides of the barrel.
-Fixed: The Claws were not making a slash sound when hitting a non-bleeder. (In order to allow health-sapping by the claws, they can't make the same sound as hitting walls when hitting non-bleeders)
-Fixed: Randomspawner monsters would spawn even when the gameplay option "no monsters" was set.

Quick Fix:
-Heretic shotgun pickup displays correctly now

NEW DOWNLOAD:SMWGuns9J.pk3: 9.95 MB: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/DEILwXz4Wg/smwguns9k.pk3

There are two versions: SMWGuns9M, with many changes, and the experimental SMWGuns9Mglk, which replaces the pistol with a triple burst glock, single fire if you tap the trigger.

SMWGuns9M Update:
-Some sounds are in stereo: right-hand guns are louder in the right ear, left guns louder in the left ear. (only heard in the latest ZDoom SVN, or the latest GZDoom). New Winchester and pistol sounds too, but as usual, I just threw them in. I don't know if I like the new pistol sound.
-The shotguns are more accurate. The Winchester is even better for long range, and the Warhammer is OK for medium range.
-New bullet impact sprite, again thanks to Valve. Now need to add sparks.
-I moved a line of code in the akimbo pistols, so the triggers feel more responsive.
-The Warhammer firing sprites have more visual recoil.
-Re-ripped the RPK so the two-handed RPK is held at the same distance forward as one-handed (it was held closer before).
-I finally played Zen Dynamics. I then stole the Zen grenade, explosion, and sound, replacing my hi-res grenade rip. Thanks Xaser for an amazing arsenal.
-The M79 grenade is affected by gravity, but still has pretty good range. When it ignites, it pitches up, to keep it on-target longer.
-The grenade explosion does a small amount of hitscan shrapnel damage.
-(8 months late) The tertiary fire button finally does something, but not much yet. Press R to put away the current left hand gun, to increase the accuracy with the right-hand RPK, PlasmaCoil, or Winchester. Redefine this button in the bottom of the controls menu.
-The Heretic RPK fires twice as fast as the Dragon Claw, firing 2 bullets per ammo, each bullet doing half damage.

NEW DOWNLOAD: 10 MB: SMWGuns9M.pk3: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/Aj6reJU7Cy/smwguns9m.pk3

SMWGuns9Mglk Update:
-A glock pistol, fires 1, 2, or 3 shots. Only works with the Winchester alternate fire. Firing bursts increases the recoil, so you have to take more time to aim before firing the next burst. It's a good intermediate between Chaingun and Shotgun behavior. It is sometimes annoying for 2 shots to fire when you only wanted one to fire, I could extend the trigger delay to remedy this. If I want to keep this pistol style, I may find a better model to use.

11 MB: SMWGuns9Mglk.pk3: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/iQ6wThy6Sl/smwguns9mglk.pk3

Big thanks to Doomrater for the Wolverine class that gave an example of how to do rage.

Update:
-The claws fill a rage meter when attacking. If your rage goes above 10, you are thrown into a fury, with a different faster combo attack, and some damage resistance, plus enemies are alerted to your location because of all your primal roars (haven't found sounds yet). Rage can increase to 18, and it slowly drains away until it reaches zero. You might gain rage when you sustain damage, and rage is lost when you complete the rage combo. The screen flashes red when you become enraged, and flashes green when you calm down as it goes below 10. The berserk pack throws you into the rage (but you don't yet get super strength when enraged).
-The one-handed Winchester firing animation is a bit different, I'm testing out slightly different animations.
-Other changes, I think.

And I used Speedyshare, since DRDTeam is down right now:
New Download: 10 MB: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/23262757/SMWGuns9O.pk3

What happened to the download links? Would love to play this wad.

Sorry for the bump, but I feel it is in right justice, as I'm simpily asking for a repaired download link.

Whoa yikes, it's this! The Zdoom thread has better links, I guess I'll update the first post: Here is the Drdteam link of the newest one:

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/_fO2VzXNrx/smwguns9q.pk3

Here is the previous version too, which had an older pistol and differences, in case anyone prefers it over the newest version: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/tTK4FQ5oSH/smwguns9o.pk3

Regarding the status of this, my laptop was set up with the model viewer and image processing batch files, but it died, so I could see if I could get it working again, or just work with the existing weapon sprites and modify all the Decorate behavior. I still wanted to get a better looking noisy cricket skin, but that was beyond my abilities.

There is also the IWad-graphics version, much smaller filesize, that also isn't quite complete: forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27988

Hey Phi, how did you get the awesome fullscreen hud in the screenshots on the first page? I'm running this wad in Z-DooM and all I get for the fullscreen is a type of Hud much like Z-DooM's normal fullscreen.

Thanks!

Oh dear -- haven't played this in a while. It seems that you're still using my beta-quality dual-wielding code. I feel as if I should go back and clean it up a bit for sanity's sake, but... well, it works, I suppose. :P

As a random bit of curiosity, I kinda prefer the older version. Newer one nerfs the pistols too much (too small, firing sound is wimpier, slower fire-rate), IMO.

It's still the old 2010 version, I haven't updated anything yet, just new DL links (can't update the first post because it's locked). While trying it out now, I've changed my mind to prefer auto-firing for 2 pistols, while it's not enabled here (I made a "-altattack; take dualfire2" alias control to make auto-firing work, I'd try for a normal solution if I updated it).

The major thing I wanted to try was to import features and balance from the mutator SMWIwad version, Though I'm conflicted between playing with Iwad resources or model rips (or just plain vanilla which I've enjoyed lately).

EDIT: Oh platinum, the Hud is in the .pk3 file, it's int he /sbarinfo/ folder, that .txt needs to be renamed "sbarinfo.txt" to enable it.

Always helpful, Phi. Thank you!

EDIT: I did this and it didn't change the alternate hud, but it made a .bak file of SMWG. Do I need to load that file too? Wouldn't think so.

Hey, getting an issue here when running this in GZ-DooM. When I play this in Z-DooM, I get the particles rendered along with the normal doom bloodsplats that you modded to fly around. So, both your special bloodsplats and Z-DooM's bloodsplats.

However, everything works fine in GZ-DooM, but it only renders your bloodsplats, no additional particles. And yes, blood is set to sprites and particles. And I selected round blood.

So any help on this and the error I'm getting on the fullscreen hud would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The use of converted model stills with non-Doom hands is kinda meh, if you're wondering.

Coming back to this mod and it's still just as much fun as before.
However, do you think there should be a greater accuracy penalty while dual-wielding? It still seems a little overpowered to me.