Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kyka

Doom in Hexen editing. 2 questions

1)Teleport linedefs. How do you define whether they are W1 or WR? I have figured out you use mapspots rather than sectors to define a teleport exit, but I can't tell how to choose whether the lines are repeatable or not.

2)Boom- style scrolling floors are defined by linedef, but in Doom in Hexen mode, there is only action 223. (Scroll floor) How do you assign this effect to a sector, as there aren't any sector tags, there are only actions like "player walks over." etc.

thanks. :)

[edit] Ooops. Also I put this thread in the wrong section. Sorry about that.[/edit]

for the warp lines, check the below box for 'repeatable action', or 'monster activates' might be useful too.

I never used scrolling in hexen, but go to sector mode, right click and 'select effect'?

Or there might be a better way. (seems to be slow/medium/fast, instead of more options)

Another thing in case you don't know (took me awhile to figure out). Like if you make a line lower a floor, then you can enter movement speed and amount, and sector tag on the right.

1) You check the 'repeatable' flag.
2) It's automatic. All linedef types derived from Boom that aren't triggers in Boom aren't either in ZDoom-in-Hexen mode.

Kyka said:

1)Teleport linedefs. How do you define whether they are W1 or WR? I have figured out you use mapspots rather than sectors to define a teleport exit, but I can't tell how to choose whether the lines are repeatable or not.

2)Boom- style scrolling floors are defined by linedef, but in Doom in Hexen mode, there is only action 223. (Scroll floor) How do you assign this effect to a sector, as there aren't any sector tags, there are only actions like "player walks over." etc.

thanks. :)

1) There is a "Repeatable Action" flag.

2) In Hexen format, any properties a linedef action has are defined by arguments. In the case of action 223, the very first argument is the tag of the sector affected. Also, here is the ZDoom wiki page for that action.

I advise you to always keep the ZDoom wiki open if you're mapping for ZDoom, it has answers to almost any question you may have.

As it turns out, the sector Floor scroll is pretty useless to me, but I discovered "Sector_SetCurrent" which is just what I need.

Thanks guys. :) The help is much appreciated.

"220:Sector_SetCurrent (tag, amount, angle, useline)

* tag: Tag of affected sector
* amount: Strength of the current
* angle: Angle the current flows
* useline: Whether to get the strength and angle from the line instead

Only valid during initialization. If useline is 1, this behaves just like BOOM's 225 linedef. If useline is 0, then the amount and angle parameters are used instead of the size and orientation of the line."

As per Doom Wiki.

on the linedef, editing tab in DB there are four arguments. Sector tag, speed, angle and line vector.

So these should be set to 1, 0, 0, 1 and this should make the tagged sector behave like a boom scroller. But it doesn't seem to be working.

Is line vector the sane as useline? If not, how do I set useline to 1 so it behaves like boom in this case?