Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

just curious about sega saturn music

ok. if the saturn can only read audio music tracks and not compressed audio, how can everything fit on the disc? i know that saturn doom has all of the music in redbook, and so does sotn. are the discs bigger than 650?

Nope, the discs are FAR smaller than the max. As a comparison, take a 650 mb CD-R and make it a mixed-mode CD. Put Doom on it and also put on as many music tracks as possible.

Has SATURN DooM different music than than the PC DooM, or is it just "better" versions of the midi tunes?

Are you planning on ripping these musictracks too, Elbryan?

Sir Fragsalot said:

Nope, the discs are FAR smaller than the max. As a comparison, take a 650 mb CD-R and make it a mixed-mode CD. Put Doom on it and also put on as many music tracks as possible.

Ok. there's another drawback of saturn doom, besides the choppiness and no colored lighting. if there's 2.5 hours of music on the psx version, and the saturn can only hold 74 mins, some tracks would have to be cut.

Some Saturn games use the same XA format that Playstation games use. I know my import of Castlevania: Rhondo of Blood does, and it even has some bonus nude water paintings on the disc too. ^_^

I digress. Yeah, the Saturn has a lot against it. I think the real graphic problems are the lack of Alpha Transparancies and the horrible CGI quality.

ah.. the succubus. i just thought that the bonus saturn tracks were redbook, since they were on the net right after saturn sotn came out.

deadnail said:

Some Saturn games use the same XA format that Playstation games use. I know my import of Castlevania: Rhondo of Blood does, and it even has some bonus nude water paintings on the disc too. ^_^

I digress. Yeah, the Saturn has a lot against it. I think the real graphic problems are the lack of Alpha Transparancies and the horrible CGI quality.

I just read your post again, and I thought I'd mention something. The Saturn Dracula X is called "Symphony of the Night" or "Nocturne in the Moonlight", "Rondo of Blood" is the PC Engine (japanese Turbo Grafx 16 CD) game. It's an awesome game if you can get a hold of it. If you ask me, it's a tossup between the two Dracula X's (don't even mention the SNES version!) for the best Castlevania. We'll see what Circle of the Moon for the Game Boy Advance is like.