Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Street

i'm in need of help.

Guest Street

alright I wanted to load DOOM DOOM 2 and Final Doom into my other computer.

but there disk all have viruses in them. I have no idea where they came from. I know I didn't take the best of care of them. but never that happened.. I wish I got CD.... I did for Final though now I can't find it.... and if i did it's probaly all scratched up.

Anyhow I need someone to locate a great place to buy these games?
all in CD.
I remeber a few months back I caught a pack of DOOM BUndel or something it had DOOM DOOM 2 I think Final DOom and doom master Levels.
I forget what the Bundle was actully called though.

can anyone locate a place I can buy these games? (note I do not want to buy them from auctions)
and note I did look at IDsoftware but I'm not sure about downloading them.. and I don't like to call either.

Go to a store.

That bundle is the Depths of Doom Trilogy, it has Ultimate Doom, Doom2 and the Master Levels.

I got my Depths of Doom Trilogy for fifteen bucks at Best Buy. As for Final Doom, good luck bucko. I've looked in every store and I just can't find it anywhere. I'd buy it from ID's online store but I think it'd cost me full price.

They already released the source code to the damn game and they're still going to charge full price? WTF?

Anyway, how old is your BIOS? Do you have a boot from CD-ROM option? If so it wouldn't be too difficult to take care of everything. Last time I had to format my drives it took me a whole night off.

Backup everything you need.

Get DOS ATAPI drivers so your PC can find your CD-ROM for the Windows CD.

format a: /s

Copy the needed DOS utilities to that disk too, including the DOS ATAPI drivers from your CD-ROM manufacturer's website.

Boot from the disk.

Format your harddrive. That will kill any virus, even though I had to format my harddrive TWICE to completely get rid of the Hellraiser virus.

Install Windows and restore your backed up data.

Then buy Norton Anti-Virus. :)

I have it running all the time in the background. It's much better than McAfee.

If you've got a little spare cash you can make the whole deal go a little easier too. Office Depot has Maxtor 7200rpm harddrives, 30 gigs, for $150. The only trick is getting them to work with a really old motherboard. Hell, sometimes they even come with Norton Anti-Virus free.

Once again, good luck. We've all been where you are. :)

Guest Street

well that is where I saw the doom pack at Best Buy.
and sadly only 17 bucks but I didn't know I was gonna need it.

and frankly I rather just buy them all in CD's now anyhow. brand new boxes etc. this time take very good care with them.

and I know pretty good on virus, I'm not a bad hacker.
I just don't like to.

and by the way.. if I'm correct in my memory or has it been fixed?
I recall that the Norton Anti-Virus had alot of flaws and sometimes came with a Virus in side of it.

I like my Mcafee Virus scan..
though it is still annoying as hell and I hate the layout.

Never heard of Norton coming with a virus. When I had the Hellraiser virus McAfee spread it all through everything when it detected it.

I still prefer Norton.

Guest Brandon Mercer

Hey man, go to Yahoo! and type "Doom" in the find box at the top of the page. When you get there, click on Doom II on Yahoo! shopping. (It should be the second from the top.) After you click this...voila! there's all the games you wanted at various stores, online of course.

As for out in the real world...good luck! I haven't even seen the Doom trilogy at Best Buy.

Guest Street
deadnail said:

Never heard of Norton coming with a virus. When I had the Hellraiser virus McAfee spread it all through everything when it detected it.

I still prefer Norton.

well I do admit sometimes I don't feel Mcafee is very on top.
my computer has been have some problems latly that I believe are a virus.
but it hasn't detected it.

I guess I'll have to try the norton.

anyways what do you mean ICQ sucks?! lol
I helped invent that thing.

It will never replace IRC.

I remember I was chatting with this one cool guy about Megaman X3, and this Christian chick in California that I helped design the website for a radio, and then from fucking nowhere comes on some stupid message from someone in Singapore with the message:

"Hi! You sex much?"

Yikes.

At least foreigners are fun to mess with.

"Yes! Me am love sex with gerbil and rabid banana!"

I hate ICQ. Too slow.

Thats funny, Bestbuy is were I got my DooM trilogy {The Depths of DooM: Trilogy} Thus, it did not come with final doom. Only ult. DooM, DII, and the masturbate levels. {hehe}

deadnail said:

It will never replace IRC.

I remember I was chatting with this one cool guy about Megaman X3, and this Christian chick in California that I helped design the website for a radio, and then from fucking nowhere comes on some stupid message from someone in Singapore with the message:

"Hi! You sex much?"

Yikes.

At least foreigners are fun to mess with.

"Yes! Me am love sex with gerbil and rabid banana!"

I hate ICQ. Too slow.

icq and irc cant be compared... they have different yet somewhat similar purposes :)