Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BURZUM (Clan Doomdaddies)

Coop game with a given number of lifes?

Hey guys,

is it possible using another port than Zandronum to play coop with a given number of lifes? 

We are using the Zandronum "survival mode" for many years as we think, it is much more interesting than just coop- die and respawn!

You have some kind of survival nights with a respawn time after death or something like that in Zdeamon? 

If a similar topic or thread already exists feel free to move it where it belongs, I am new to this forum.

Thx in advance

-Burzum

There is the notsurvival mod for Zandronum that allows for more freedom than survival, where you can set the game to allow someone to join in after N number of kills or minutes. Additionally you can bind keys to manually open a slot so someone can join. This sounds kind of like something you are looking for, or the closest thing that I know of. I'd check out the Zandronum post for more information on the mod: https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10038

You can do this with an odamex server by setting the variable g_lives to whatever value you want. g_lives 1 = 1 life. g_lives 10 = 10 lives. etc

13 hours ago, Doomdaddie-BURZUM said:

Hey guys,

is it possible using another port than Zandronum to play coop with a given number of lifes? 

We are using the Zandronum "survival mode" for many years as we think, it is much more interesting than just coop- die and respawn!

You have some kind of survival nights with a respawn time after death or something like that in Zdeamon? 

If a similar topic or thread already exists feel free to move it where it belongs, I am new to this forum.

Thx in advance

-Burzum

ZDaemon (and Odamex now too!) both have survival with customizable number of lives.

Do you want there to be a time limit on people being able to join, or do you NOT want that? (just trying to clarify)

Thx a lot for your replies!

6 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Do you want there to be a time limit on people being able to join, or do you NOT want that? (just trying to clarify)

No time limit. Just 2 lifes (for example) and afterwards, you have to watch the others...