Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fletcher`

Feature request: more testing options

When testing, you're given a command line, and a dropdown box with a few preset testing configurations. My request is that we could add/change our own preset configurations for easier project management. This would make testing much easier as we wouldn't have to continually copy/paste command lines to test different projects.

ravage said:

When testing, you're given a command line, and a dropdown box with a few preset testing configurations. My request is that we could add/change our own preset configurations for easier project management. This would make testing much easier as we wouldn't have to continually copy/paste command lines to test different projects.

Actually you can do this without any features having to be added to Doom Builder. I'll make a quick batch script with comments and then all you have to do is edit that... post it in a bit.

EDIT: Actually I'm stuck on this now as well. I can't seem to get the batch file to call any of the %N% variable information that Doom Builder puts out. I'll have this figured out soon hopefully.

I can't post files here, so here's a link.

You can edit the batch file in notepad to customize the features (mentioning incase you didn't know).

There's also a gif included to show you what you need to do to run the batch file from Doom Builder.

Tested it and it works great... I'm considering even using this myself now. If anyone else is interested in this I'll make a much better version with menus and an easier way to set it up and such.

http://www.blackdragonfx.net/simplelauncher.zip

Back when I tried editing the source code I attempted something like this (I'm not exactly a programmer though). It was a dialog box where you could create testing profiles. Another feature that would go with this is a drop down box in the main toolbar where you can choose a testing profile and it would test using those settings.

Hey that batch file is not a bad idea :) But you can also edit the file "parameters.cfg" in the Doom Builder folder to add profiles to the dropdown box yourself ;)