Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zolgia108

Tiles behind interface

Question

I am sorry for this noobish question, i've searched all over the forum for the answer but i can't seem to find it.

How do i change the tiles that surround the interface with another texture? Thanks...

13 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Dude27th said:

Could you post a screenshot about what do you want to change ?

here it is, i finally managed to take away the FLAT but that olive green line is still there, any advice?

SCREE HUD2.jpg

1 hour ago, Zolgia108 said:

here it is, i finally managed to take away the FLAT but that olive green line is still there, any advice?

SCREE HUD2.jpg

No SBARINFO is not really my speciality , but you should double check that the texture is big enough to cover that or see if there's an offset of some sort with that 

oh okay maybe i am about to get it. So basically i need to change it on mapinfo, but what else will it change? And which entries should i put? Sorry im into this just since a couple of days :)

Replace the "BRDR" graphics to match the rest. Check inside an IWAD to see all of them and what you need to replace. No need to mess with MAPINFO.

2 hours ago, Nevander said:

Replace the "BRDR" graphics to match the rest. Check inside an IWAD to see all of them and what you need to replace. No need to mess with MAPINFO.

okay found them, but now i guess i need XWE to complete the process right?

I mean, i need to convert them to png then modify them and then convert them again, am i wrong?

*ZDoom can handle PNGs just fine.

Also I'd strongly suggest using SLADE 3 nowadays instead of good ol' XWE.

im using slade but

ok here is the problem

i took all of the brdr files, converted them to pngs, exported them as palettes, changed the colors via paint, then i imported them back on the wad in which i need them and converted them back to doom graphics. Nothing changed (all this with slade ofc)

1 hour ago, Zolgia108 said:

exported them as palettes

What? Why? How? They're not palettes. I'm going to suppose you meant "paletted PNG".

Upload a wad with just your changed BRDR graphics and let people take a look.

yes ofc i meant paletted png sorry! nothing to see there, i just tried with plain red recolour. they all look the same ^^

BRDR_B.png

BRDR_BL.png

BRDR_BR.png

BRDR_L.png

BRDR_R.png

BRDR_T.png

BRDR_TL.png

BRDR_TR.png

All you have to do is make your new graphics how you want them and name them the same names and stick them in your WAD. If you are using GZDoom, it doesn't matter if it's PNG or Doom format or paletted or not.

Just be aware not all colors translate to Doom palette very well.