Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maxmanium

Building GLBoom+

Hey folks,

I'm no programming expert, but after some cumbersome trial and error, I was able to successfully build the latest updates from Graf Zahl's cleaned-up GIT repository. However, it only built PRBoom+, without GLBoom+. Would anyone here be able to help me build GLBoom+ as well from this repository, if possible?

Noice, been so long since the last version.

What are you using to build by the way? I think Graf built 2.5.1.7 with VS 2019.

Just now, seed said:

Noice, been so long since the last version.

What are you using to build by the way? I think Graf built 2.5.1.7 with VS 2019.

Msys2. It's the only one I've used before (for Chocolate Doom). Haven't tried VS 2019 tho.

1 hour ago, fabian said:

You will need to install the "mesa" packages in MSYS2. 

I must be missing something else, it's still not there.

8 hours ago, fabian said:

Well, you'll need to run "./configure && make" again. 

Tried that, still no GLBoom+.

...is there still a separate `glboom-plus.exe`?  I don't see any rules in `prboom2/src/makefile.in` for it, and running `prboom-plus.exe` and switching `options...general...video mode` to `opengl` works in my own compiled version.

6 hours ago, SmileTheory said:

...is there still a separate `glboom-plus.exe`?  I don't see any rules in `prboom2/src/makefile.in` for it, and running `prboom-plus.exe` and switching `options...general...video mode` to `opengl` works in my own compiled version.

Yeah, that's what I'm starting to think. Doing what you did works to have OpenGL rendering, but there must be some other minute differences, because glboom-plus.exe is like 700kb larger than prboom-plus.exe.

On 12/26/2019 at 6:44 PM, maxmanium said:

Yeah, that's what I'm starting to think. Doing what you did works to have OpenGL rendering, but there must be some other minute differences, because glboom-plus.exe is like 700kb larger than prboom-plus.exe.

Well, for one, translucent projectiles are broken in the glboom executable - they're rendered like in vanilla regardless of your settings (and if you force enable it through a dehacked patch they become invisible behind translucent walls). It also has more settings in the video category I think.

E: I think there's yet another difference - The glboom executable also offers a textured automap, while the prboom one does not.

Edited by seed