Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mlgmarck

The Doom Marine.wad

[HIATUS]  SEE YOU IN SOME YEARS! ALL LEVELS WILL BE UPGRADED, IM GONNA DO MY BEST IN THIS!

A project that i had weeks ago, is still a wip but is playable, a lot of map with a lot of fun and risk.

link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4qul1nahip05x8/THE DOOM MARINE.wad?dl=0

NEW VERSION:

link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4qul1nahip05x8/THE DOOM MARINE.wad?dl=0

You can play it on GZDOOM (recommended)  and if there´s any bug or stuff please tell me :D

it brings:

- 10 doom levels  (map01-map10) (they can change in the future)

- a lot of fun!

- play it on every difficulty and in UV for a real challenge.

- NEW demons positions and more balance in some levels.

- if you play Pistol Start, it´s your lucky day, i make that all of the levels can be beated like this.

- Ignore map11, is like a "teaser"

- and nothing else, just get fun as i did when i created them.

SOON: Thanks to all the comments, now i know what to fix on those maps.

-Difficulties (DONE IT, except nightmare)

- Consider 100% kill on every map (DONE IT)

- A better use of some textures  (WIP)

- And the famous, Pistol Start. (DONE IT)

see you soon! and thanks for all the comments! it makes me so happy to read all of them.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Marck12311

Youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXhYODHV0O5V3IhtBepEVwg?view_as=subscriber

Gzdoom Screenshot 2020.06.23 - 18.55.37.65.png

Gzdoom Screenshot 2020.06.23 - 18.56.08.70.png

Gzdoom Screenshot 2020.06.23 - 19.49.17.76.png

Gzdoom Screenshot 2020.06.23 - 19.49.30.14.png

Gzdoom Screenshot 2020.06.23 - 19.49.53.96.png

Gzdoom Screenshot 2020.06.23 - 19.50.32.72.png

Gzdoom Screenshot 2020.06.23 - 19.51.05.12.png

Gzdoom Screenshot 2020.06.23 - 19.51.16.16.png

Gzdoom Screenshot 2020.06.23 - 19.51.27.29.png

Gzdoom Screenshot 2020.06.23 - 19.52.03.10.png

Gzdoom Screenshot 2020.06.23 - 19.52.29.34.png

Gzdoom Screenshot 2020.06.23 - 19.53.05.25.png

Gzdoom Screenshot 2020.06.23 - 19.53.18.36.png

Gzdoom Screenshot 2020.06.23 - 19.53.25.85.png

Edited by mlgmarck

I barely got through 1 and a half maps before I just quit.

Little tip: Try to be cohesive with your mapping style; right now the map is rather higgledy piggledy in a really bad way. From the use of wall textures as flats (this is seriously getting on my nerves now) to textures being miss mashed together, this is really bad.

One major flaw is, MAP01's start is borderline sadism. The instant you load into the map you NEED to kill a former sergeant or you're going to be spit roasted faster than a chaingunner on cocaine.

Once you get past that, you have a series of teleporters that you run through all whislt dodging cacodemon's balls ᵘʷᵘ and more former sergeants.. this is honestly tedious and lasts for way too long (not to mention there's no cover). (Also just FYI this was on HMP difficulty).

Personally, this really needs a re-jig and some major cleaning up.

13 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

I barely got through 1 and a half maps before I just quit.

Little tip: Try to be cohesive with your mapping style; right now the map is rather higgledy piggledy in a really bad way. From the use of wall textures as flats (this is seriously getting on my nerves now) to textures being miss mashed together, this is really bad.

One major flaw is, MAP01's start is borderline sadism. The instant you load into the map you NEED to kill a former sergeant or you're going to be spit roasted faster than a chaingunner on cocaine.

Once you get past that, you have a series of teleporters that you run through all whislt dodging cacodemon's balls ᵘʷᵘ and more former sergeants.. this is honestly tedious and lasts for way too long (not to mention there's no cover). (Also just FYI this was on HMP difficulty).

Personally, this really needs a re-jig and some major cleaning up.

oh yeah! the maps are gonna change a lot (i mean the textures) so the map can be more "nice" to the player. (i need a lot of practise)

the enemies, hehehe seeing them now, they are a lot, and are in bad positions (bad= frustrating)  im gonna see that in the future, thanks for that!

also: thanks for commenting, im so happy that someone really play it, thanks a lot. 

I played the first 5 maps on UV. I didn't pistol-start any of them except obviously map01, and I'm not sure if you prefer them to be pistol started. I don't think I found any secrets.

map01:

Died once because I fell in the lava and was sniped by a shotgunner at 2% health. This is the only map where I saved my game, but that was on the second attempt and I never ended up loading it because I didn't need to. I left about 25% of the enemies alive because I didn't feel like killing a million cacodemons with the shotgun. The room with the red key was confusing; I wasn't sure which switch needed to be shot (if any), and I'm still not sure if shooting a switch is what made the red key appear, so I spent a lot of time running around avoiding enemies trying to figure out what to do. Also, I'm not a fan of the room with the pinkies. All you have to do is funnel them through the door and hold the fire button with the chainsaw out.

map02:

First try, no deaths. Shotgun ammo felt tight. Again, I left a lot of enemies alive; didn't feel like killing all those pain elementals and the billion lost souls they ended up spawning. Regarding the pain elemental room, I couldn't walk under the hanging decorations because my compatibility was set to "Boom (strict)". It made the fight in that room really awkward, so I'm wondering if it's supposed to be that way or not. If not, you can specify in the OP that players should set compatibility settings to "Default", or that they should just turn off "actors are infinitely tall".

map03:

Died several times because I didn't expect the instant death floor. Only one death was caused by anything else, I think it was a revenant in that area with the narrow corridors. I killed everything that wasn't in the starting room; those barons looked pretty tedious to kill, and I didn't want to be anywhere near the instadeath floor when I was nearly done with the map.

map04:

First try, no deaths. I don't remember much about this one, aside from the narrow staircase at the start. I think I killed everything except the spider mastermind at the end, which didn't seem to wake up.

map05:

First try, no deaths. Simple, short map. I was low on health for a while but once I had everything infighting with the mastermind and ran back to safety, it was basically over. I suddenly exited the map with just over 80% kills and I'm not sure what caused it.

Afterwards, I replayed map01 on HMP and map05 on HNTR, and I couldn't notice any difference in the placement of things (items, guns, ammo, monsters). In Doom, thing-placement is the only difference between UV, HMP, and HNTR, so this needs to be changed if you intend to implement difficulty settings.

In general, I thought the combat was pretty basic and not hard, though in repeated plays of map05 (pistol-start this time), I died a couple more times before figuring out a pretty consistent route. I must've been lucky the first time I played it.

1 hour ago, Pseudonaut said:

I played the first 5 maps on UV. I didn't pistol-start any of them except obviously map01, and I'm not sure if you prefer them to be pistol started. I don't think I found any secrets.

map01:

Died once because I fell in the lava and was sniped by a shotgunner at 2% health. This is the only map where I saved my game, but that was on the second attempt and I never ended up loading it because I didn't need to. I left about 25% of the enemies alive because I didn't feel like killing a million cacodemons with the shotgun. The room with the red key was confusing; I wasn't sure which switch needed to be shot (if any), and I'm still not sure if shooting a switch is what made the red key appear, so I spent a lot of time running around avoiding enemies trying to figure out what to do. Also, I'm not a fan of the room with the pinkies. All you have to do is funnel them through the door and hold the fire button with the chainsaw out.

map02:

First try, no deaths. Shotgun ammo felt tight. Again, I left a lot of enemies alive; didn't feel like killing all those pain elementals and the billion lost souls they ended up spawning. Regarding the pain elemental room, I couldn't walk under the hanging decorations because my compatibility was set to "Boom (strict)". It made the fight in that room really awkward, so I'm wondering if it's supposed to be that way or not. If not, you can specify in the OP that players should set compatibility settings to "Default", or that they should just turn off "actors are infinitely tall".

map03:

Died several times because I didn't expect the instant death floor. Only one death was caused by anything else, I think it was a revenant in that area with the narrow corridors. I killed everything that wasn't in the starting room; those barons looked pretty tedious to kill, and I didn't want to be anywhere near the instadeath floor when I was nearly done with the map.

map04:

First try, no deaths. I don't remember much about this one, aside from the narrow staircase at the start. I think I killed everything except the spider mastermind at the end, which didn't seem to wake up.

map05:

First try, no deaths. Simple, short map. I was low on health for a while but once I had everything infighting with the mastermind and ran back to safety, it was basically over. I suddenly exited the map with just over 80% kills and I'm not sure what caused it.

Afterwards, I replayed map01 on HMP and map05 on HNTR, and I couldn't notice any difference in the placement of things (items, guns, ammo, monsters). In Doom, thing-placement is the only difference between UV, HMP, and HNTR, so this needs to be changed if you intend to implement difficulty settings.

In general, I thought the combat was pretty basic and not hard, though in repeated plays of map05 (pistol-start this time), I died a couple more times before figuring out a pretty consistent route. I must've been lucky the first time I played it.

how did i forgot the most important!   100% of the kills!   you opened my eyes with that, im gonna fix the ammo and health in some parts, like the big cacodemon room (it´s possible to kill them all)

in map 1, the inside room switches, just in case you close yourself in that room, the principal is in front of the platform, (you need to shoot it)

in map 2, sorry, i didn,t know about those settings, thanks for saying it!

in map 3, i´m still thinking in how to kill the barons, any suggestions is welcome.

in map 4, the spider mastermind is just an object here.

in map 5, i know why you pass the level, if you go in order you can get 100% kills

those difficulty stuff.... im gonna work on them now, (there are 10 levels now, so im gonna improve them all) 

thanks for playing it! and for leaving a comment!  i hope you can play the other five!  :D

7 minutes ago, mlgmarck said:

in map 3, i´m still thinking in how to kill the barons, any suggestions is welcome.

I've seen a few maps where crushers are used to kill enemies in such a position. Could be activated by a switch later in the level, or just by crossing a linedef or something.

57 minutes ago, Pseudonaut said:

I've seen a few maps where crushers are used to kill enemies in such a position. Could be activated by a switch later in the level, or just by crossing a linedef or something.

I have an idea!  thanks a lot!!!

i mean dude... i even recorded it but i won't post it cause it's full of insults and stuff like that... can you please consider pistol start? i mean how am i supposed to kill 1000 cacos 100 archies and pain elementals with a shotgun? (and i even cleared that map, with no kills of course, just savespamming and slaloming), then when i saw the next one with 6 cyberdemons and no weapons and commander keens all around i decided that it was the right time to stop.

pistol start m8, pistol start, not that hard...

14 hours ago, Zolgia108 said:

how am i supposed to kill 1000 cacos 100 archies and pain elementals with a shotgun?

then when i saw the next one with 6 cyberdemons and no weapons and commander keens all around i decided that it was the right time to stop.

pistol start m8, pistol start, not that hard...

The cacos room is possible in all difficulties (100% kills), except in nightmare, a must fix that. 

some of those problems like the pain elemental room are fixed in the next version, so don´t worry.

i didn´t think on pistol start, but most of the people play like that so, im gonna improve the maps! 

thanks for playing it and for the comment, it really helps!