Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Beef Flavor

Hell Hath No Fury

This project will document my work as I learn doom modding.  Currently, there are two complete maps, Entry and Mounds, and the complete project will contain as amny maps as I feel like authoring; up to 32.

As the maps use advanced features, it requires the latest GZDoom version (4.6.0 as of this post)

Comments and criticism are always welcome and encouraged.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8pw8jlivf8qqygi/HHNF_0_3_1.zip/file

Screenshots:

CN1zbQX.png

JRD1p3K.png

xMRoedg.png

nL8eOD1.png

h0Tr5oo.png

lNuTgTD.png

Edited by Beef Flavor

Hello I just played both of your maps and if you don't mind I'll tell you how it went:

Map 1(Entry) This map gives a pretty good first impression. The map has a consistent look and progression is straightforward. The one weakness of this map is how tight the corridors are. You are often moving through a space barely wider than Doomguy's ample girth, making it hard to pick up and maintain any kind of speed, and making engaging enemies sometimes a little too awkward. It's still a fun map though I was ready for more after playing this one.

Map 2(Mounds) This map takes a severe turn. Only custom enemies on this map. They are polygonal. They look like they were taken from a game you would get in your cereal box in the nineties. They animate at a much higher fidelity than your standard 2d sprited enemies. They make a bizarre droning, buzzing sound. I don't know how to sugar-coat this. After playing a map of just your standard vanilla roster, I was subjected to an horrific assault upon my eyes and ears.

I am assuming you made the enemies yourself, but I have to say, that if you are still in the early stages of learning how to make doom maps, you should concentrate on making some good maps before you start making custom enemies for your maps. If you were to fill Mounds with a few mobs of vanilla monsters, you would have a decent 2 map set here that you could start to build a megawad around. Also there are a ton of custom enemies already made that you could add to your maps that actually meld well with D2's standard ones.

The custom enemies in this wad are a huge detriment to it and if you replaced them with either standard D2 enemies or even just enemies that fit better with Doom's look your wad would be much more fun and it would be easier to promote it.

Demon Lunch is a real fun map I enjoyed it a lot. Crisp visuals and fun enemy encounters. I would just note that in the section with the elevator and the little cubby-holes next to it you can get stuck in the holes if you go into one while the elevator is going up.

Updated to version 0.3.1 to fix a situation where the player could get stuck and have to restart.  Link in the first post.