Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skullhacker

WHY WON'T MY TEXTURES WORK???

Question

This is so dumb. Okay, so in Slade, I have my texture lump in Doom Graphics format and I click add to patch table, and I create the TEXTURES lump, and I open the texture editor, and the patches are just missing! I made sure to click add to patch table and add to textures, and I tried having the texture in between a p_start and p_end lump, but nothing I tried worked. What am I doing wrong?

6 answers to this question

I usually work in SLADE with PNG files & when I add them on the Patch table, I save before making new Textures...SLADE can interact badly with other editors when they are all opened on the same WAD.

The "Add to TextureX" command automatically adds the patch to the patch table, no need to do both. Only reason you'd want to use "add to patch table" is if you didn't want the patch to be added as a texture by itself, because you're using it as a component for composite textures only.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that when you save in the Texture editor, you're actually just saving the texture lump and not the entire wad (you'll see the asterisk appear on the tab for browsing the wad). Many time's I've quickly hit save and went to test, but forgot to actually save the changes to the archive itself!

1 minute ago, Naarok0fkor said:

I usually work in SLADE with PNG files & when I add them on the Patch table, I save before making new Textures...SLADE can interact badly with other editors when they are all opened on the same WAD.

3 minutes ago, SLOTH MARINE (CB) said:

try adding it to the textures lump again, IDK, if that doesn't work then I don't know what

K guys, thanks for your help. I got it to work.