Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arrowhead

Stoned Pharaoh - A Drunken Mummy Adaptation for Doom 2!

Hey everyone,

Stoned Pharaoh is a single deathmatch map VERY HEAVILY based off of the popular Quake Live map Drunken Mummy. This map uses Otex1.1, but you do NOT need to load it alongside - everything is already in the WAD. I made this in less than 3 hours on a whim a few months ago - just remembered it, and thought I should release it! :)

This map was not designed to be a 1:1 recreation of Till Merker's Drunken Mummy - there are a few adaptations that I had to add to the map to make it more suitable for dooming. This included the removal of all slopes, and the addition / alteration of a couple staircases. Weapons are also in different locations than in the original level. I did include a supercharge in place of the megahealth, though.

If you want to have some really ridiculous fun, you should take a look at the 'ZMovement' mod - it replicates Quake 3 movement pretty well. Works great w/ this map! So does jumping and crouching! I do recommend turning respawning items / weapon stay on.

Let me know what you all think! I'd love to hear a little feedback!

Spoiler

eEk46t6.png

U7lBIOd.png

gv6Urm2.png

Thanks to @Kuro_mahoh for their great sky texture, thanks to @pcorf for the Doomed Space Wars MIDI I used, thanks to Ola Bjorling (ukiro), for Otex1.1, and special thanks to level designer Till Merker for the original map which this is all based off of! :)

Download link: DM81SP.7z

I've got half a mind to make a redux of this using the Ancient Aliens texture pack, now that I'm quite familiar w/ it!

Curves! 3D floors! Slopes! A railgun!

I may even add my own twist to the geometry, instead of attempting to make this a 1:1 re-make of the Quake 3 / Quake Live map!

The map's a single room, essentially, I could probably blast it out in 1.5-2 hours' time, I bet!

Definitely on my itinerary!!

:D