Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
V.I.D.E.O. Files Entertain

any way to play psxfinaldoom on simple Emulators

recently, i have a wish to play psxfinaldoom on this device:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsOkfZaMcnA

but psxfinaldoom consists sadly of multiple bin files and if you start the track 1 bin, then it doesn't get recognized.

any way to merge these many roms to one?

3 hours ago, V.I.D.E.O. Files Entertain said:

yeah, but what if these emulators can't load the cue file?

then i am scuppered!

there has to be some way to merge all these bin files and make it run, as if the cue file does it!

any good psx emulator SHOULD, by definition, be able to run .cue and .bin files, if not, its not a good psx emulator, simple as that.
Maybe what you are trying is to play PSX Final Doom on a source port like GZDoom?

In that case, you need an especific source port like PsyDoom to be able to play PSX Doom on your PC.

4 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

any good psx emulator SHOULD, by definition, be able to run .cue and .bin files, if not, its not a good psx emulator, simple as that.
Maybe what you are trying is to play PSX Final Doom on a source port like GZDoom?

In that case, you need an especific source port like PsyDoom to be able to play PSX Doom on your PC.

no, i wanted to run psxfinaldoom on a dedicated handheld.

luckily, for powkiddy q90's pcsx emulator it DOES run Cue files, but my wish is to play psxfinaldoom as a standalone rom to reduce complications.

32 minutes ago, V.I.D.E.O. Files Entertain said:

no, i wanted to run psxfinaldoom on a dedicated handheld.

luckily, for powkiddy q90's pcsx emulator it DOES run Cue files, but my wish is to play psxfinaldoom as a standalone rom to reduce complications.

not possible.
You need both files to be able to emulate it.

Think of CUE files as the files that tell the emulator where the game data vs. the music tracks are. That's necessary due to how CDs can be mixed-mode.