• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Personal Best Demo Thread (pt. 2) ← POST YOUR NON-WRs HERE

2 hours ago, HitelbeVettBor said:

Doom 2: Map31 UvSpeed
The zip: lv31-3454.zip

Don't do this especially this is even slower than your Pacifist run. I mean you can do whatever you want, but what's the point of just shooting a monster to put a UV Speed demo?

2 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

but what's the point of just shooting a monster to put a UV Speed demo?

My goal was to have a run in both the pacifist and speed categories. I did this because PBs can't be cross listed in both of them y'know. :)

13 hours ago, HitelbeVettBor said:

My goal was to have a run in both the pacifist and speed categories. I did this because PBs can't be cross listed in both of them y'know. :)

That's the problem here. In case of doing this, at least make your Speed faster than Pacifist.

15 hours ago, HitelbeVettBor said:

Might I ask, why do you have this goal? It seems incredibly arbitrary to me.

1 minute ago, 4shockblast said:

Might I ask, why do you have this goal? It seems incredibly arbitrary to me.

The idea of being listed in both of them seemed like a good idea. :)

23 minutes ago, HitelbeVettBor said:

The idea of being listed in both of them seemed like a good idea. :)

You do realize that the DSDA is a volunteer effort for demo archival, and every submission takes a little bit extra time out of someone to upload it? These sorts of frivolous submissions where you intentionally shoot a monster not because it makes the run faster/easier/etc. but just to have another category attached to your name are practically the equivalent of trolling because they just waste my time. A Pacifist run is functionally a UV-Speed run as well by definition.

First of all I didn't intentionally shot at that monster, it was from instinct. And second of all the run where I quoted Garrett Chan didn't contain that shot. :)

3 minutes ago, HitelbeVettBor said:

First of all I didn't intentionally shot at that monster, it was from instinct. And second of all the run where I quoted Garrett Chan didn't contain that shot. :)

Quit your BS. These runs aren't getting uploaded.

I apologize for my last time. It was my autistic interpretation of the DSDA rules and I don't care about those ridiculous UvSpeed runs anymore. All I want is to redeem myself. :) I felt bad about it for hours.

22 hours ago, HitelbeVettBor said:

I apologize for my last time. It was my autistic interpretation of the DSDA rules and I don't care about those ridiculous UvSpeed runs anymore. All I want is to redeem myself. :) I felt bad about it for hours.

Alright, that's ok. No hard feelings. :)

On 6/17/2022 at 12:06 PM, Kalzu said:

Another decent Doom 1 ITYTD-Speed E1M1-M8 6:02 run. Pretty many things i can improve on tho. ITYTD.zip  

Hey, these runs do not use the correct complevel; please use complevel 3 for Doom 1. I can upload these runs as Other category incompatible, is that ok?

18 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, these runs do not use the correct complevel; please use complevel 3 for Doom 1. I can upload these runs as Other category incompatible, is that ok?

That is ok. Im very new to the Doom speedrunning scene so i didnt know what complevel ment so it left it blank. Im sorry for not doing enogh research. 

33 minutes ago, Kalzu said:

That is ok. Im very new to the Doom speedrunning scene so i didnt know what complevel ment so it left it blank. Im sorry for not doing enogh research. 

NP, the gist of it is complevel changes the DSDA-Doom's behavior to emulate a particular engine; by default, it is -complevel 21, which is the new MBF21 compat, so the demos will only play back with modern source ports. The ones you need to know are:

• 2: Doom 2 behavior
  • 3: Doom 1 behavior
  • 4: Final Doom
  • 9: Boom
  • 11: MBF

22 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

NP, the gist of it is complevel changes the DSDA-Doom's behavior to emulate a particular engine; by default, it is -complevel 21, which is the new MBF21 compat, so the demos will only play back with modern source ports. The ones you need to know are:

Ohh okay thanks!

21 hours ago, alien111 said:

This is my first time and I hope I did everything right :)

Doom 2 Map 1 UV Pacifist 6.80

LV01p680.zip

Hey, this demo desynced for me at the end (didn't exit). Are you sure you have the correct version of Doom 2? Please get Doom 2 from Steam or GOG and copy the doom2.wad IWAD file over into your DSDA-Doom folder from wherever you got it from.

On 6/20/2022 at 5:48 PM, 4shockblast said:

Wait so i have to include -complevel 3 in the .bat file i start the run with?

19 minutes ago, Kalzu said:

Wait so i have to include -complevel 3 in the .bat file i start the run with?

Yes, feel free to post the entire bat you have right now, and I can double check that it's correct.

3 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, this demo desynced for me at the end (didn't exit). Are you sure you have the correct version of Doom 2? Please get Doom 2 from Steam or GOG and copy the doom2.wad IWAD file over into your DSDA-Doom folder from wherever you got it from.

Hey, can you take a look at this? I did a pretty cool time for me and it would be a shame if something was wrong :(

EDIT: I have doom from GOG

Doom 2 Map 1 UV Pacifist 5.97

LV01p597.zip

9 minutes ago, alien111 said:

Hey, can you take a look at this? I did a pretty cool time for me and it would be a shame if something was wrong :(

EDIT: I have doom from GOG

Doom 2 Map 1 UV Pacifist 5.97

LV01p597.zip

Afraid not. It doesn't sync for me; it's likely an issue with your Doom 2 WAD file. It could be an issue with your port, but that's unlikely unless you compiled it yourself or something.

2 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

Afraid not. It doesn't sync for me; it's likely an issue with your Doom 2 WAD file. It could be an issue with your port, but that's unlikely unless you compiled it yourself or something. 

Ok, I'll try to download the doom2.wad file from GOG again and see if that fixes the error. If I can, I'll send you a test run to check and then try to do that time again

15 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Yes, feel free to post the entire bat you have right now, and I can double check that it's correct.

dsda-doom -IWAD DOOM.WAD -warp 1 -skill 1 -complevel 3 -shorttics -record ITYTD

thats the .bat file

Edited by Kalzu

7 hours ago, Kalzu said:

dsda-doom -IWAD DOOM.WAD -warp 1 -skill 1 -complevel 3 -shorttics -record ITYTD

thats the .bat file

Looks fine to me.

Also, when you post your next run, please keep in mind naming conventions for demos. For an ITYTD episode run, you'd name it something like e1it###.lmp, where e1 is episode 1, it is I'm Too Young to Die, and ### is your time. You'll want to match that, and for runs with other categories, find their conventions as well.