Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealth Frag

DooM PBR materials pack for episode one (available resolutions: 256, 512 and 1K)

I have tons of 3d models (static props) and I would have textures from Counter Strike Source and Star Wars Jedi Knight: Outcast and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

These games seem to be from an era where PBR mats weren´t that common. Do you think you can create the mats from Scratch?

I myself have absolutely no clue on how to do that, because PBR is a relatively new feature of GZDoom....

Posted (edited)

Is there a more recent download for this? Like a beta or demo?

Edited by TasAcri

This is the best texture pack for the game I have seen. Absolutely amazing. You captured the original artistic intent perfectly. Is the next release going to consist of The Ultimate Doom? I noticed you are going episode by episode. How far into episode 3 are you?

14 hours ago, DaliVinci said:

This is the best texture pack for the game I have seen. Absolutely amazing. You captured the original artistic intent perfectly. Is the next release going to consist of The Ultimate Doom? I noticed you are going episode by episode. How far into episode 3 are you?

I think I'm about 75% done. I'm currently finishing last of skin textures. In the meantime I'm working on new maps, which makes the work on textures take so long. Additionally, in order for playing with PBR textures make sense, all lighting on all maps should be redesigned. As work on textures for subsequent levels progresses, I am creating a version with dynamic lighting, but I suspect that for legal reasons I will not be able to share it as a wad file. I'm thinking about a converter that would update original IWAD to my version with dynamic lights.

42 minutes ago, TasAcri said:

Isn't the Relighting project good for these textures?

It's definitely better than nothing.

I keep coming back once every month or two to see updates on this mod.

This mod, paralax doom combined with voxel doom as well as doom hd sprites project are the most well done mods regarding actual improvements to doom's image quality. They are done with respect and coordination in an upscale direction or in a pixelated improvement direction for everybody's tastes.

Edited by MrDeviance

2 hours ago, MrDeviance said:

I keep coming back once every month or two to see updates on this mod.

This mod, paralax doom combined with voxel doom as well as doom hd sprites project are the most well done mods regarding actual improvements doom image quality done with respect and coordination in one direction.

Sorry that you have to wait so long for next update, but I'm currently focusing on working on 6 level map set. I really needed a break from creating textures, and I've had a lot of mapping inspiration lately and I've been trying to take advantage of it. The PBR pack is next in line. BTW - if anyone is interested in betatesting my maps (Doom2/GZDoom), please let me know.

@Stealth Frag Take as much time as you need, man. I totally understand getting burnt out on a project after focusing on it so intently for such a long time. When you feel that way, the best thing to do is go work on something else to get your creative juices flowing better again. So by all means, focus on your mapping and come back to the PBR Texture pack with a fresh set of eyes later on. Judging from the screenshots, this is a high-quality project, and true quality is worth waiting for. 👍

On 12/4/2023 at 11:03 AM, Stealth Frag said:

iL43C1g.png

i think you should make the rim on the heightmap a little smaller than the albedo's rim, or give it a bevel to make the uv stretching less obvious on the metallic parts