Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kinsie

[GZDoom] Reelism 2 - Version 1.23hf2 Released! Actual Hotfixes for the new GZDoom

activating the football right after winning a boss crashed the game for some reason, it was a modded boss though so i dont know if it was that

Does anyone else with the Motherfucking Wizard in a Goddamn Icecream Truck being completely invincible once the Icecream Truck is destroyed?  I even went IDDQD and IDKFA and shot the Wizard with everything, even that weird nuke pistol and about 200 rounds from the D!fender didn't reduce his health bar in the slightest.  I just lost for the third time and have yet to figure out how to kill the Wizard.

I deleted the mod and re-downloaded it from the Reelism.dog website, but that didn't fix it.

34 minutes ago, Roulette Addict said:

Does anyone else with the Motherfucking Wizard in a Goddamn Icecream Truck being completely invincible once the Icecream Truck is destroyed?  I even went IDDQD and IDKFA and shot the Wizard with everything, even that weird nuke pistol and about 200 rounds from the D!fender didn't reduce his health bar in the slightest.  I just lost for the third time and have yet to figure out how to kill the Wizard.

I deleted the mod and re-downloaded it from the Reelism.dog website, but that didn't fix it.

He's briefly immortal upon spawning for as long as it takes for him to shout threats at you, but this should end once his voiceover ends and he starts actively pursuing and attacking you. Emphasis on should. If this ever happens again, shoot me a video clip and I'll see what can be done.

EDIT: IIRC there's some slightly whacky stuff in GZDoom's current stable build re: waiting for a sound to end that also makes Aperaham Lincoln a pain to fight, that's since been fixed in the development build. See if the devbuild makes any difference!

23 hours ago, Kinsie said:

He's briefly immortal upon spawning for as long as it takes for him to shout threats at you, but this should end once his voiceover ends and he starts actively pursuing and attacking you. Emphasis on should. If this ever happens again, shoot me a video clip and I'll see what can be done.

EDIT: IIRC there's some slightly whacky stuff in GZDoom's current stable build re: waiting for a sound to end that also makes Aperaham Lincoln a pain to fight, that's since been fixed in the development build. See if the devbuild makes any difference!

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but where can I find the developer build?

I load up my GZDoom and Reelism 2 playing the Overflow stage of the game then this happen I get Invild Instruction: CMP i use the pre-build GZDoom it dosen't work anyhelp?

PS.The Stable Build of GZDoom (4.10.0) seem to working fine

CMP error.png

Edited by Supat97

1 hour ago, Supat97 said:

I load up my GZDoom and Reelism 2 playing the Overflow stage of the game then this happen I get Invild Instruction: CMP i use the pre-build GZDoom it dosen't work anyhelp?

PS.The Stable Build of GZDoom seem to working fine

CMP error.png

If you can provide instructions on how to repeatedly, consistently get this bug to occur I'd greatly appreciate it!

On 9/23/2023 at 10:35 PM, Kinsie said:

If you can provide instructions on how to repeatedly, consistently get this bug to occur I'd greatly appreciate it!

Invalid Instruction: CMP seem only happen in the pre-build dev. version of GZDoom and always happen randomly and it only happen in Overflow stage in reelism 2 may be my notebook is a fault to the GZDoom or the code itself? and some times GZDoom will crash to desktop with the message Invalid Instruction: CMP <none>, 0

I also notice that the gzdoom return a warning on the line of "splot_carnage.zsc" line 338
Conditional expression is constant may be the contribute of this CMP Invild Instruction error?

My hardware on my PC was 

CPU-Intel Core i5-3337U
GeForce GT 740M
Ram 12GB

Edited by Supat97

The MacGuffin boss keeps crashing on me whenever he does the charged laser attack. The error message says something along the lines of "Execution could not continue: cmd." I'm using GZDoom 4.11.0.

1 hour ago, retrokid64 said:

The MacGuffin boss keeps crashing on me whenever he does the charged laser attack. The error message says something along the lines of "Execution could not continue: cmd." I'm using GZDoom 4.11.0.

Thanks to you and @Supat97 for the reproduction notes! I've uploaded a fix. Same version number because it was literally a one-character fix.

On 9/28/2023 at 12:15 PM, Kinsie said:

Thanks to you and @Supat97 for the reproduction notes! I've uploaded a fix. Same version number because it was literally a one-character fix.

Thanks! Everything now works properly again. I just wanted to say that this and the first Reelism are honestly some of my favorite Doom mods of all time. Genuine fun to be had with both of them. I have a question that I want to ask you: Do you have anything planned for Reelism 2 in the future (new maps, reels, weapons, modes, ect.)? 

6 hours ago, retrokid64 said:

Thanks! Everything now works properly again. I just wanted to say that this and the first Reelism are honestly some of my favorite Doom mods of all time. Genuine fun to be had with both of them. I have a question that I want to ask you: Do you have anything planned for Reelism 2 in the future (new maps, reels, weapons, modes, ect.)? 

Actual new stuff is in the works, but that's a story for another time. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

13 hours ago, Kinsie said:

Actual new stuff is in the works, but that's a story for another time. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Nice! Can't wait to see it! By the way, I don't know if this is the right place to say this, but I was playing the first Reelism again today when I noticed a script warning error upon loading it. It said "Script warning, "Reelism.pk3:actors/weapons/blau.dec" line 251: Truncation of floating point constant 3.500000." I am using the latest version of the mod. I didn't encounter any crashes while playing it, but the warning caught my attention and I'd thought that I would share it with you.

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 1.03.01 PM.png

@Kinsie I think I found another bug in Reelism 2. I just rolled the Jackpot Dice during a round, and then it said scripting error. It didn't crash the game, but it instantly ended the game and sent me back to the title screen. 

Please provide screenshots/copypastes of such messages when reporting them, it makes it far easier for me to figure out what happened and what needs doing. Without that, it's just a guessing game that I'll always lose.

4 minutes ago, Kinsie said:

Please provide screenshots/copypastes of such messages when reporting them, it makes it far easier for me to figure out what happened and what needs doing. Without that, it's just a guessing game that I'll always lose.

Ok. Next time I encounter that message I'll screenshot it and post it here.

1 hour ago, retrokid64 said:

@Kinsie I encountered the Jackpot Dice bug again. I am using the latest version of both the mod and GZDoom.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 8.06.06 PM.png

Played a couple of rounds on Paradise Plaza cheating myself some Dice to play with, and was unable to reproduce. Make extra sure you have 1.23hf and let me know if it pops up again and you can find a consistent way to trigger it.

12 hours ago, Kinsie said:

Played a couple of rounds on Paradise Plaza cheating myself some Dice to play with, and was unable to reproduce. Make extra sure you have 1.23hf and let me know if it pops up again and you can find a consistent way to trigger it.

I re-downloaded version 1.23hf and messed around with the Dice for a while this morning and didn't encounter the bug. If I do end up seeing again though I will post a picture of it here. Speaking of the Jackpot Dice, while this isn't a bug, everytime I get the jackpot reel where a bunch of coins spawn everywhere, particularly on both of the Gutrot Island maps, it slows and lags the game down big time. I messed around with a bunch of settings and couldn't figure out how to have it run smoothly in that situation. I am using an M1 chip MacBook Pro installed to Sonoma 14.1 and in GZDoom I am using the Vulkan renderer if that helps.

are you in intertest in making mod that's can replaces doom bosses (spider mastermind and cyberdemon) with bosses from this mod ?

@Kinsie Hey it's been a while since I posted here. I wanted to let you know that I once again have encountered the Jackpot Dice crash bug. I have no idea how it happened. I have another screenshot.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 203801.png

2 hours ago, Tallentado said:

Hi, there seems to be a god awful audio glitch which makes the music sound worse than me in the toilet at 3am after eating Taco Bell.

Are there any fixes?

Screen_Recording_20231115_060241.zip

I do not have a device that can run Delta Touch, and can not provide any support to anyone running it. Sorry!

I think I just discovered another bug. I got the Jackpot Dice reel that scatters all of your weapons and items across the stage while the Power Sneakers reel was active (the one that makes your weapons fire at a really fast speed), and when I picked up my dropped weapons, they would fire at the normal rate, including the default pistol and newly picked up ones that I didn't have previously. I didn't get any error messages or anything but it's something that I noticed. Is that supposed to happen or is it a bug?