Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iddq_tea

DoomGPT: An AI-directed Doom II mapping project (v1.2)

@Korni27 Yeah, once the deadline hits I will start packing the wad together and will hand it out to playtesters so while it would be nice to have every map in the wad by that time, it won't be the final release yet, so fixes and re-submissions are to be expected either way.

I'll make a small announcement when I start seeking for playtesters, it's to make my life easier, I'll have to go over every text file and make sure it doesn't break any rules. If we find any submissions that don't fit the project, we may just have to start some maps over from scratch, so let's hope that doesn't happen either. What I'm saying is, a lot of things are going to happen after the deadline hits, so don't sweat about being late by 1-2 days.

Showing a screenshot of the work-in-progress MAP16 (to show that I'm not dead and actually working on my maps)

doomgpt_map16suburbs.PNG.327733f761266a3b7e180022e5c74969.PNG

I am going for a more hell like tone for my map even though it is in episode 2.

But it is the vibes I got from the description of the starting room and I base the next room I make off of the previous one.

1 hour ago, Raith138 said:

I am going for a more hell like tone for my map even though it is in episode 2.

But it is the vibes I got from the description of the starting room and I base the next room I make off of the previous one.

I think that's fine tbh, map 19 is pretty close to the end of the episode 

22 hours ago, iddq_tea said:

All good, the deadline isn't the publication day so you'll have a bit of time.

Thank you! I've only been able to complete 2 rooms so far, and I've 5 more rooms to go (7 in total).
image.png.8757f0bc9e8fb084485668281ea0f4b6.png

Oops, I didn't know I was replying to an older post lol

Hope y'all don't mind the second post!
I've been thinking of getting someone to play the map and give their feedback on it, and then I'll relay said feedback to the AI and see what it'll tell me to adjust.

6 hours ago, noisebloom said:

Fell behind, but working on the finishing touches of my map with the hope of making the deadline this Sat.

Can't wait to play it

MAP27: Monster Condo

Made from scratch
Tested on ZDoom (Comp: Doom - Strict)
but I didn't use anything advanced so PRBoom+, and basically anything that could run WADs will play it
Custom MIDI: Freedoom II MAP15 OST

I did take a few liberties with the map, but I think it makes it a much more coherent, and enjoyable experience.

Notify me if you want me to do any changes, or if you find any bugs.

+Updated MAP06 with a semi-soft lock fixed

MAP27.zip

MAP06.zip

Here's the third revision of MAP15. I think I have remedied the health and ammo issue somewhat. I also fixed the other issues mentioned and made some changes that I think don't conflict with the AI's will. I also asked it for the music track, which is now Countdown to Death by Bobby Prince.

doom 2 map15 chatgpt V3.zip

MAP29 is still available, I'll let that map be an exception for the deadline since 1 day obviously isn't enough time to finish a map, but would anyone be interested in grabbing it? I'll give it maybe a week or so, or however long it may take me to finish playtesting the submissions.

5 minutes ago, iddq_tea said:

MAP29 is still available, I'll let that map be an exception for the deadline since 1 day obviously isn't enough time to finish a map, but would anyone be interested in grabbing it? I'll give it maybe a week or so, or however long it may take me to finish playtesting the submissions.

I would need to redesign some parts of MAP14, then if this slot is still open I would gladly take it up

Just now, iddq_tea said:

@Korni27 Go ahead! Do you mean you will grab MAP29 if it's still open by the time you finish redesigning MAP14?

yeah, I'll need to make MAP14 better, but if anyone else is interested in making MAP29, they are free to go. If not tho, I'll be sure to give the player a heck of a map before they can finish the wad.

For a time I was not very happy with how it was coming along. But I am getting more confident with it.

48 minutes ago, Raith138 said:

Why did you go through the effort to photoshop that?

I was just trying too fuck with you lmao

What are you guys seeing in my map that I don't?

Especially with the view you got it isn't anything special.

Edited by Raith138

27 minutes ago, Raith138 said:

What are you guys seeing in my map that I don't?

Especially with the view you got it isn't anything special.

Nothing I just used mspaint to edit it.

Oh wait I see what you mean. I'm just talking about the map layout. Nothing special other than its AI.