LEAD DEVELOPER:    FireWarden1000
EMAIL ADDRESS:    hateatinghat@hotmail.com
RELEASE DATE:

EVADED1.0        05/11/2023
EVADED1.1        06/07/2023
EVADED1.2        06/30/2023
EVADED1.3        01/01/2024

EVADED was made using data from DOOM2.

EVADED is based on LEVEL1 - Perimeter from the game, Dark Arena.
Dark Arena was developed by Graphic State Limited, and published by Majesco Sales Inc, Majesco Entertainment in 2002.
Dark Arena was released for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance Game Console.

DOOM ENGINE EDITOR SOFTWARE:    Eureka DOOM Editor
Eureka DOOM Editor website:
http://eureka-editor.sourceforge.net/
Use the latest developer version of the Eureka DOOM Editor:
https://github.com/ioan-chera/eureka-editor

Free image hosting provided by the ImgBB website.
Upload and share your images.
ImgBB website:
https://imgbb.com/

EVADED was uploaded to the MOD DB website.
Games and mods development for Windows, Linux and Mac.
MOD DB website:
https://www.moddb.com/

EVADED1.3 DOWNLOAD LINK
EVADED1.3 addon - Doom II - Mod DB
https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/evaded

Watch the development of EVADED on the Doomworld forums.
Forums: Doomworld
https://www.doomworld.com/

Compatible with DOSBox MS-DOS X86 emulator, and DOOM2.EXE.
DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS.
https://www.dosbox.com/

Compatible with GZDoom.
GitHub - ZDoom/gzdoom: GZDoom is a feature centric port for all Doom engine games, based on ZDoom, adding an OpenGL renderer and powerful scripting capabilities.
https://github.com/ZDoom/gzdoom

Compatible with Woof.
GitHub - fabiangreffrath/woof: Woof! is a continuation of the Boom/MBF bloodline of Doom source ports.
https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/woof

Map Description:

Single player DOOM2 map.
Map includes Easy, Medium, and Challenge difficulty levels.
Read STORYLINE.TXT for Gameplay Tips to beat a level, and to read the EVADED storyline.

Maps Included with EVADED1.3.wad:

Spoiler

MAP01        EVADED        HOLTENGRADT STRONGHOLD

"EVADED" Storyline:

Spoiler

"EVADED" STORYLINE

EVADED

THE DE FACTO LEADER OF QUINTOR-DAKANE GLOBAL PARTNERS, LEONIS KRAUSER HAS MADE HIS APPEARANCE KNOWN TO THE PUBLIC AT THE HOLTENGRADT STRONGHOLD. THE PEACE TREATY GROUP (GROUPE DU TRAIT DE PAIX) MEETS WITH QUINTOR-DAKANE GLOBAL PARTNERS TO FIND EVIDENCE OF THEIR MILITARY POWERS TO SHOW TO THE WORLD. THE PEACE TREATY GROUP COLLABORATING WITH THE FAIR WORKERS MOVEMENT (MOUVEMENT DES TRAVAILLEURS EQUITABLES) WILL DEPLOY MARIGOLD RENNOULTE TO THE MEETING. LEONIS KRAUSER ACCUSSES THE FAIR WORKERS MOVEMENT OF ATTEMPTING TO OVERTHROW HIS GOVERNMENT, AND MARIGOLD BARELY ESCAPES THE AMBUSH AT HOLTENGRADT STRONGHOLD. GENERAL CHARLES DENSENGRUES SENDS DOOMGUY TO INVESTIGATE THE QUNITOR-DAKANE GLOBAL PARTNERS OPERATION AT HOLTENGRADT STRONGHOLD.

MAP01 - HOLTENGRADT STRONGHOLD

AN INFORMANT LEADS DOOMGUY TO AN ENTRYWAY INTO HOLTENGRADT STRONGHOLD THEN DOOMGUY INTERCEPTS THE QUNITOR-DAKANE GLOBAL PARTNERS AMBUSH, AND IS ABLE RESCUE MARIGOLD RENNOULTE. MARIGOLD RENNOULTE INFORMS DOOMGUY ABOUT THE QUINTOR-DAKANE GLOBAL PARTNERS SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS WITHIN HOLTENGRADT STRONGHOLD, AND THE SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS HAVE ALREADY INITIATED.
MAP01 TAKES PLACE IN THE HOLTENGRADT STRONGHOLD.

OBJECTIVES:
    - ACCESS THE GUARD TOWER IN THE OUTDOOR AREA TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE RED KEY, AND USE THE RED KEY TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE HOLTENGRADT UNDERGROUND STORAGE AREA.
    - PAST THE RED DOOR IN THE OFFICE AREA, UTILIZE THE TELEPORTER IN THE UNDERGROUND PASSAGEWAY, WHICH IS PAST THE UNDERGROUND STORAGE AREA TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE HOLTENGRADT STRONGHOLD BUNKER.
    - SEARCH FOR THE BLUE KEY INSIDE THE HOLTENGRADT STRONGHOLD BUNKER IN THE SECOND TELEPORTER ROOM TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE SCIENCE LAB.
    - THE SCIENCE LAB IS PAST THE BLUE KEY DOOR IN THE LOBBY, AND SEARCH FOR THE YELLOW KEY INSIDE THE SCIENCE LAB TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE EXIT AREA.
    - EXIT THE LEVEL USING THE EXIT SWITCH.

SIDE OBJECTIVES:
    - SEARCH THROUGH THE CONTENTS OF THE CONTAINERS IN THE SCIENTIST OFFICES IN THE HOLTENGRADT STRONGHOLD OFFICE AREA (2X).
        - SEARCHING THROUGH THE CONTAINERS THE OFFICE AREA WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH ADDITIONAL FIREPOWER.
    - SEARCH FOR THE MISSING LOST MARINES SUPPLY CACHE IN THE HOLTENGRADT STRONGHOLD BUNKER.
        - FINDING THE MISSING LOST MARINES SUPPLY CACHE IN THE BUNKER AREA WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH ADDITIONAL ARMOR.

CHALLENGE MODE:
    - INFERNO RISING - MANCUBUS WILL APPEAR IN THE LEVEL AS ADDITIONAL ENEMIES.

Installation instructions:

Read the user manual included with the DOOM Engine source port software you are using to load custom DOOM2 maps.
Start a new game in DOOM2 to access the EVADED map.

EVADED was tested with all listed source ports.

DOSBox / MS-DOS operating system users:

- Enemies have a chance of being stuck in door locations.
- Mancubus fireballs have a chance to travel through walls.

Files included with EVADED1.3.zip:

EVADED DIR
DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
EVADED.TXT
EVADED.wad

EVADED1.1 DIR
DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
EVADED1.1.TXT
EVADED1.1.wad

EVADED1.2 DIR
DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
EVADED1.2.TXT
EVADED1.2.wad

EVADED1.3 DIR
DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
EVADED1.3.TXT
EVADED1.3.wad

Screenshots:

EVADED

Spoiler

PrBoom-Plus

EVADED-1.png

Crispy-Doom

EVADED-2.png

DOOM2.EXE

EVADED-3.png

EVADED1.1

Spoiler

PrBoom-Plus

EVADED1-1-1.png

Crispy-Doom

EVADED1-1-2.png

DOOM2.EXE

EVADED1-1-3.png

EVADED1.2

Spoiler

PrBoom-Plus
EVADED1-2-1.png

Crispy-Doom
EVADED1-2-2.png

DOOM2.EXE

EVADED1-2-3.png

EVADED1.3

Spoiler

DOOM2.EXE
EVADED1-3-1.png

GZDoom
EVADED1-3-2.png

Woof
EVADED1-3-3.png

UPDATE JUNE 7TH 2023:

Spoiler

EVADED1.1.wad
    - EVADED.wad was updated to EVADED1.1.wad.
    - EVADED was redesigned from scratch to be different from Perimeter in Dark Arena.

EVADED1.1.TXT
    - EVADED.TXT was updated to EVADED1.1.TXT.
    - Updated Maps Included explanation.
    - Removed CHALLENGE MODE explanation.
    - Added EVADED1.1 screenshots.
    - Miscellaneous Improvements.

DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
    - Added EVADED1.1 Development Tracking to DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT.
STORYLINE.TXT
     - Added STORYLINE.TXT to EVADED1.1.zip.
     - Added a storyline to EVADED.
     - Added MAP01 OBJECTIVES, SIDE OBJECTIVES, and CHALLENGE MODE Explanation to STORYLINE.TXT.

UPDATE JUNE 30TH 2023:

Spoiler

EVADED1.2.wad
    - EVADED1.1.wad was updated to EVADED1.2.wad.
    - EVADED was redesigned to be larger in scale, and to be more realistic with improved visuals.
    - EVADED map size was downsized in this release.
    - EVADED difficult has increased.

EVADED1.2.TXT
    - EVADED1.1.TXT was updated to EVADED1.2.TXT.
    - Added EVADED1.2 screenshots.

DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
    - Added EVADED1.2 Development Tracking to DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT.

STORYLINE.TXT
    - Adjusted the EVADED storyline.
    - Adjusted MAP01 storyline.
    - Adjusted RED KEY Objectives.
    - Adjusted BLUE KEY Objectives.
    - Added new SIDE OBJECTIVES.

UPDATE JANUARY 1ST 2024

Spoiler

EVADED1.3.WAD
    - EVADED1.2.wad is now updated to EVADED1.3.wad.
    - Reduced building structure complexity.
    - Redesigned ceiling light designs.
    - Redesigned the entire map.
    - Redesigned the teleporter machines.
    Starting Area
    - Merged the Starting Area with the Lobby.
    - Added Blue Key Door to the Starting Area.
    Office Area
    - Added more offices to the Office Area.
    - Added a Red Key Door to the Office Area.
    - Redesigned the Secret Areas in the Office Area.
    - Redesigned the offices in the Office Area.
    Outdoor Area
    - Added a teleporter to the Outdoor Area.
    - Added boxes to the Outdoor Area.
    - Redesigned the Bunker Area windows.
    - Redesigned the Outdoor Area Guard Tower.
    Underground Storage Area
    - Redesigned the Underground Storage Area.
    - Redesigned the lift between the Office Area, and the Underground Storage Area.
    - Added a Red Key Door to the Underground Storage Area.
    - Reduced the size of the Underground Storage Area.
    Underground Passageway
    - Redesigned the Underground Passageway.
    Bunker Area
    - Redesigned the Bunker Area.
    - Reduced the size of the Bunker Area, and removed the Communications Room.
    - Seperated the Teleporter Rooms from the center of Bunker Area.
    - Redesigned the Secret Area in the Bunker Area.
    - Added a Blue Key to the Second Teleporter Room.
    - The Second Teleporter Room will teleport the player to the Outdoor Area teleporter.
    Science Lab
    - Added the Science Lab Area past the Blue Key Door.
    - Added a staircase to the Science Lab.
    - Added a Yellow Key to the Science Lab.
    - Added a Yellow Key Door to the Science Lab.
    Exit Area
    - Added a new Exit Area.

EVADED1.3.TXT
    - EVADED1.2.TXT is now updated to EVADED1.3.TXT.
    - Removed Crispy-Doom, and PrBoom-Plus source port support.
    - Added GZDoom, and Woof source port support.
    - Updated Installation Instructions.
    - Added 3 new screenshots.

DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT
    - Added EVADED1.3 Development Tracking to DEVELOPMENTTRACKING.TXT.
STORYLINE.TXT
    - Adjusted the EVADED storyline.
    - Rewrote the OBJECTIVES, and SIDE OBJECTIVES.

Edited by FireWarden1000 : EVADED1.3 UPDATE

13 hours ago, FireWarden1000 said:

How are you supposed to play a shooting game where you can't look up or down, but need to shoot enemies at different elevations?

Do you know where you are?

Umm... do you realize that your description here is almost longer than the actual WAD file size?

I'm being torched by the community, now I'm burning. I'm joking around. I am going to have to release a new map patch. The map was supposed to be an experiment, because Dark Arena was described by critics as being a DOOM clone, but I disagree. The game plays different from DOOM, but the auto aim was almost unusable in the game. I had to trick the flying enemies into changing their elevation to shoot them. When enemies would shoot the player, the game would slow down completely, because of the special effects. If Dark Arena used the same graphics engine as DOOM, the game would probably be a good game, but Graphic State Limited was going out of business at the time. Perhaps the graphics engine used in DOOM2, and Duke Nukem Advance for the GBA was more expensive than the Dark Arena graphics engine.

I accidentally deleted my original post which took me a long time to write, but I suppose I will have to write a new post. I completely forgot what I said during the original map release, I knew I had a 2 post system in place for a reason, but that is too late now. With the Version 1.1 release of EVADED, if you guessed an appearance of the triangle shaped rooms, you are correct. If you said "transformative" on YouTube for any reason, you win the prize. I admit I do not have any prizes to give out to anyone, but people will get to see the map sources to EVADED. Let's see how many people will download the new map release of EVADED, because I had at least 60 downloads in 1 month which has to be a new record, great job everyone.

The map sources are not provided in any order, but gives you an idea of how I developed EVADED:

Base Layers:

MS-DOS 6.22 - Microsoft Operating System

Secondary Layers:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein 2001 - Activision Publishing Inc.

The Ultimate DOOM 1995 - Id Software L.L.C.

Quake 4 2005 - Raven Software

Out of This World 1991 - Delphine Software International

Dragon Wars 1989 - Interplay Productions Inc.

Version 1.2 of EVADED is now released, and the gameplay has improved substantially. If I had more time with the map update I would improve the mobility in each area instead of building narrows pathways, but I will save that idea for the next map update. I have made adjustments to how map development time is calculated, and I decided that practice time is no longer necessary. Not including practice time during map development will give people the impression I am building giant sized maps in 20 hours, which is not true. I actually prefer to build detailed maps over larger sized maps, because I will demolish large parts of the map with the next map update.

The next personal update, I am moving towards rolling map updates for all DOOM maps based on performance or download rates. I noticed my maps are being downloaded almost daily, which means I will release more DOOM content on the Doomworld Forums. I am not going to stick with 1 WAD, no instead I am going to move from project to project to make the WAD releases on the Doomworld Forums more dynamic, and will catch the audience by surprise. I am not prioritizing which WADS will be updated, but a random WAD will be updated based on the performance of my maps on the Mod DB website. I am anticipating this year will be a busy DOOM content release year for myself, and I thank all those who are involved.

The YouTubers strike again, somehow someone said De Facto on YouTube, and I cannot believe this happened. I am not doing this on purpose, but I admit I am trying to hide my secret passwords, because if I don't this, the consequences will only become more significant. People should stop trying to guess my secret passwords which shouldn't even be real, because this is a very dangerous situation. Play my DOOM maps, and see for yourself. Eventually people will be in my living room watching me build DOOM maps, and find out where the other cat stranglers are hiding, which is probably half the people that you know.

Unbelievable, here is an updated list of my map developer sources for EVADED:

Base Layers:

MS-DOS 6.22 - Microsoft Operating System

Windows Vista - Microsoft Operating System

Secondary Layers:

Out of This World 1991 - Delphine Software International

Wolfenstein 2009 - Raven Software

Call of Duty: Finest Hour 2004 - Activision Publising Inc.

Command and Conquer 1995 - Virgin Interactive Entertainment

With the release of EVADED1.3, while the gameplay is relatively the same as the previous release of EVADED, the map release will include new areas to explore in the map as well as a revised storyline to be more up to date with the INFERNO RISING storyline. The EVADED map was completely redesigned with 3 Keys required to exit the level.

DOOMWADS

Moving ahead with DOOMWAD releases, I have decided to slow down the DOOMWAD releases, because I am taking the DOOMWADS into a different direction, which involves converting levels in commercial games into DOOM2 maps. In order for the plan to succeed, I will need to play the games first before I am able to design the map, which will take time, and effort to complete these projects. Playing the games is more difficult than anyone would realize, well not every time, but if I am confident I am able to convert the level into a DOOM2 map, that will be the plan. The new map releases will be released into the INFERNO RISING map set which means the maps will follow the same storyline. There is a chance I will release a completely original DOOM2 map designed from scratch.

WADREVIEWS

There are times I have to finish a project before I am able to return to the Doomworld Forums to release more WADREVIEWS. This means I will not be as active on the Doomworld Forums, but I will be more active on Facebook, which is the trade off.

EXPANSIONWADS

The EXPANSIONWADS project will utilize about half the resources I originally planned for DOOMWAD releases, but to compromise with the resource utilization EXPANSIONWADS requires, the EXPANSIONWAD releases will start as a DOOMWAD, which means the Doomworld Forums will still be part of EXPANSIONWADS, and EXPANSIONWADS will no longer be a Facebook exclusive. There will be DOOMWADS that will be included in EXPANSIONWADS instead of being released individually, and the DOOMWAD will still follow the same build quality as the maps that I release with reduce build time, because there are 4 DOOMWADS in each release of EXPANSIONWADS. What I am able to build within 20 hours for each map is what you will expect to see in the EXPANSIONWAD releases. I will need to release patches for the EXPANSIONWADS.

A level with some positive and negative sides.

Positive: Well done stylish architecture of UAC storage facility that holds items, computers and pictures. Nicely modeled teleporter.

Well balanced difficulty.

Negative: Monotonous battles. Your enemies are mancubus, hell knight and imp in a cramped space almost all 20 minutes the level lasts. Often a monster get stuck due to inability to squeeze through a door. Only break from this monotony is an open area with the elevator.

Hard to find the door that requires red key since it's hidden behind a corner.

Overall a fun map with good visuals that is worth playing.

EmoLevelDesigner, thank you for the YouTube video, and the short WADREVIEW for EVADED1.3, because I rushed EVADED1.3 out the door to meet the 2023 end of the year deadline, but I am overall satisfied with how the level turned out.

I scared you in the Office Area, because you were avoiding the end of the hallway at the Red Key Door towards the Underground Storage Area, but if you didn't know, Doomguy is able to climb over obstacles that are a certain height.

The premise of EVADED was to build a DOOM2 map that was overrun by Demons due to a science experiment, and this will explain why the level is filled with enemies. If I removed the number of boxes in the level, the enemies would have more room to move around, because if the areas of the map were filled with boxes, I would only be able to fill the area with Imps.

Based on my observations with EVADED, the enemies should be able to fit through the doors, and are actually not stuck, because stuck enemies will not be able to attack the player.

I am not sure when I will release the next patch for EVADED, but level improvements will be included with each patch.