Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomTheRobot

[Community Project] (Compiling...) Jonathan's Arcade Mapping Project #3: Limit-Removed From The Premises

JAMP #3 TITLEPIC

(TITLEPIC art by @Ayeloo)

A collaborative Doom 2 mapping project created by me and various members of Jonathan's Arcade, my Discord. Just like JAMP #2, we're opening this project up to everyone to join. This time around, only limit-removing maps are allowed. Mappers of all types are allowed!

The theme for this one is all about partying, so get those fancy strobe lights and mosh pits prepped. We also created some new sprite and graphic replacements to help get that true crippling alcoholic feel for your maps:

NewItems.png

Story:

You just got invited to one of the biggest house parties in the city! After making your way through some fancy neighborhoods (on foot as well, by the way) you find yourself at the doorstep at a large house that you've never seen before. You see party lights flashing through the windows and hear loud music from inside. Excited and ready to get your drinking game on, you let yourself inside, only to find out that it was yet another ambush by the demons. Great, another party to crash.

Rules:

• Map must be made for Doom 2 Singleplayer, and it must be limit-removing. (Doom 2: Doom Format in UDB)
    • I recommend using Crispy Doom to test your map.
    • The theme is all about "parties and raves", so try to have large interiors, decently sized raves/mosh pits, and some fancy lights.
    • If you wish to have a custom sky in your map, please include it and lemme know, so I can apply it using U/MAPINFO for ports that support it.
  • Resource wad which has some sprite edits and UDET.wad as the texture pack can be found HERE
    • No MAP07/boss triggers
    • Custom/new textures are allowed (please include them with your map)
    • Supplemental content/extras for your map that uses other source ports (GZDoom, etc) are NOT ALLOWED.
    • Custom .mid/.mus music only. Credit your stuff, please!
  • Deadline is August September 30th, 2023! When submitting your map please include...
    • Map Name
    • Difficulty Settings
    • Par Time
    • Music & Credit
    • Not required but would be nice: Co-Op starts/DM Starts

The final map order will be based on difficulty of each map.

Only a maximum of 32 maps can be accepted. One map per user please.

It isn't required, but you can join our discord HERE and head into the dedicated #jamp channel if you wish to talk with other JAMP mappers.

Mappers:

(not final)

@DoomTheRobot

@Ayeloo

@NaN

@Lazorinc

@AnonSoul

@OiaHusk

Previous JAMPs:

JAMP #1JAMP #2

Edited by DoomTheRobot : Closed submissions

Hey everyone, after some consideration I've decided to move the submission deadline to September 30th, 2023. Yep, a whole extra month. A number of folks have college/university classes starting up (myself included) so I'll be extending the deadline a fair bit.

In the meantime I'll fill up the mappers list in the OP with mappers that are working on or are interested in working on something for this project.