Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Turbulent

Demon Goo (2-Map, Singleplayer)

Demon Goo is a two level WAD that consists of my second and third posted levels. I’d appreciate feedback if anyone is interested. 

IWAD: Doom II

Tested on: Woof!,  GZDoom

I used UMAPINFO for level names. Jumping would probably break sequences. Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth recommended for music.

Complevel 9 compatibility

Difficulties: Ultra Violent, Hurt Me Plenty 

Level 1: Brave Goo World

Music: Probed by Valguatr

Level 2: Demon Dreams

Music: Mephisto’s Lament By MFG38 

Download:

Doom Shack

Screenshots:

Spoiler

YsFj2tS.png

ry6ngeM.png

9EXZJAx.png

Edited by Turbulent

This was a really nice improvement! All the little Doomcute added a lot and the bits of weirdness added more than hurt. Although perhaps the flesh area with the yellow key in the second map felt a little empty. Monster placement, as evidenced by the beginning, could use some work, but if its part of them theoretically having pizza or whatever, it's not that big of a deal.

There was a rather critical progression bug on Map 01 when playing in Crispy Doom but I had zero issues otherwise so it's probably a very simple function fix.

Keep it up!

12 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

There was a rather critical progression bug on Map 01 when playing in Crispy Doom but I had zero issues otherwise so it's probably a very simple function fix.

It seems that the first map needs at least complevel 9 to play properly, when you press the button in the room, it suppose to lower the pillar to reveal the hell knight, lower a wall to reveal a caco and lower the pillars next to the stairs.

Hope the author can clarify the correct complevel, since the txt file on advance engine only says UMAPINFO.

Edited by Floowand

1 hour ago, Floowand said:

It seems that the first map needs at least complevel 9 to play properly, when you press the button in the room, it suppose to lower the pillar to reveal the baron, lower a wall to reveal a caco and lower the pillars next to the stairs.

I'm not sure why that happens but I updated the original post to mention complevel 9 is needed.

Delicious couple of maps! You were able to convey a subdued but persistent feeling of uncanniness, while keeping it easy, simple and fun.

Waiting for more : )