Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Berubaretto

[Limit-Removing] Deadly Secret Beneath the Dark Wood --- Single level for Doom II

I love the simple but oppressive horror atmosphere here! Reminds me of that one forest level on Blood, but with its own twist (and challenges). However, I also stumbled upon this softlocking portion nearby the entrance to the blue key hut.

Spoiler

etrn13.pngetrn14.png

Otherwise, it's a nice one, and I applaud you for this map.

Edited by taufan99

2 hours ago, taufan99 said:

I love the simple but oppressive horror atmosphere here! Reminds me of that one forest level on Blood, but with its own twist (and challenges). However, I also stumbled upon this softlocking portion nearby the entrance to the blue key hut. 

Glad to hear you like this map. I'll fix that softlock in the upcoming update. Thank you for your feedback!

Great map with a wonderful sense of mood and ambushes that pack a punch. Very big fan of the way the forest trees are done.

-dsdademo playthrough on UV, v0.26.2 for playback - dsbdw_maribo.zip

Spoiler

Stumbled upon a softlock in yellow skull key room where you can use the window to jump behind the bar, but then you can no longer exit if you didn't lower the bars the block the opposite side.

The soulsphere secret switch is at a bit of an awkward height, it doesn't seem possible to hit it by standing on anything and just shooting with a normal hitscan weapon (pistol, shotgun, chaingun), I had to just hope that SSG spread would hit it. Entirely possible I just missed the intended standing location.

The first screenshots remind me of a Blood map so much (I believe an obscure non-official map I played before, idk), I'm going to play this :)

Edited by Bri0che

Thank you for feedback! Now I updated the wad with aforementioned bugs and problems fixed.

Download updated version at here

Changelog:

Spoiler
  • The softlock near the blue key hut is fixed by adding a teleporter to let the player get out of there.
  • The soulsphere secret switch is adjusted to be easier to trigger.
  • The yellow key house's softlock is fixed.
  • Other very minor changes.

If this was just a vaguely Heretic-esque fantasy adventure, not unlike the Arx Fatalis tribute map someone released quite some time back now, this would be one. But safe to say that's not how it ends!