Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roboticmehdi2

My pc video game collection

Hi.

I have made a digital collection of my favourite pc games, from 1980s to 2000s. Somehow this emerged as a need for me and I had to do it. I tried to remember all the games I played when I was in schools, and also picked favourites from "best" games ever. It feels relaxing now that I have done it. It took long time to collect. I'll admit, I didn't pay for all of them now, but truth is I bought all of them at some point of my life. When I was a kid there was a big cd/casette sales shop in city center, most I bought from there, don't have any those originals though.

Anyway I just wanted to share the names of some games that I played a lot when I was in school, but couldn't make it to collection, because I don't find them interesting anymore. Some of these were interesting only the first time, some just feel boring playing as an adult, some just weren't on par with those in the collection. Strange because I even have some obscure indie games in it.

Anyway here are they, please tell me your thoughts, which of these you love/hate? Do you have a collection of your own?

Nosferatu

Carmageddon 2000

Battlefield 1942

Serious sam 1/2

IGI 2 covert strike

Max payne 1/2

Delta force land warrior

Duke nukem 3d

Edited by roboticmehdi2

I've played like half of those games and seems like a nice generally quality games.

BF1942 I only played against CPU and it was fun for what it was worth.

When I was in school, we had no internet at home. So I played all games singleplayer or against cpu bots. Only way to access internet sometimes was going to internet cafe. So I have no multiplayer experience from past.

Also up to 2005 we still had a pentium 3 at home, probably 300-600 mhz range. So some of these games run like crap.

9 minutes ago, roboticmehdi2 said:

When I was in school, we had no internet at home. So I played all games singleplayer or against cpu bots. Only way to access internet sometimes was going to internet cafe. So I have no multiplayer experience from past.

We had connection though, but dad's Panda Antivirus didn't approve online gaming :P

52 minutes ago, roboticmehdi2 said:

Hi.

I have made a digital collection of my favourite pc games, from 1980s to 2000s. Somehow this emerged as a need for me and I had to do it. I tried to remember all the games I played when I was in schools, and also picked favourites from "best" games ever. It feels relaxing now that I have done it. It took long time to collect. I'll admit, I didn't pay for all of them now, but truth is I bought all of them at some point of my life. When I was a kid there was a big cd/casette sales shop in city center, most I bought from there, don't have any those originals though.

Anyway I just wanted to share the names of some games that I played a lot when I was in school, but couldn't make it to collection, because I don't find them interesting anymore. Some of these were interesting only the first time, some just feel boring playing as an adult, some just weren't on par with those in the collection. Strange because I even have some obscure indie games in it.

Anyway here are they, please tell me your thoughts, which of these you love/hate? Do you have a collection of your own?

Hitman codename 47

Nosferatu

Carmageddon 2000

Battlefield 1942

Serious sam 1/2

IGI 2 covert strike

Need for speed porsche

Max payne 1/2

Delta force land warrior

Where is doom?

Reading last comments I remembered and added another game to the list above, duke nukem 3d.

Back then DN3d was probably my fav 2.5d dos game, I never bought it, just played shareware a lot, and, strangely, I never played doom. I simply never met doom, never knew it existed. Around late 2000s though they switched places. I met doom and it became my fav, and still is of course. And dn3d isn't interesting anymore. It's like doom was so good that it kicked dn3d out of the league. I don't feel any nostalgy to dn3d, but lots to doom.

Edited by roboticmehdi2