Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alando1

Tunnel of Terror - A remake of my very first full level

Back in 2004, I began my journey building Doom levels. My very first map that I had made was called Tunnel of Terror. In the original level, it pretty much was a slaughter map where the player battles their way from Point A to Point B. Simple, straightforward, and amateurish. In 2020, I decided to recreate this level. Using the skills I had developed over the years, I wanted to see if I could give this old level of mine some new life. I present to you, Tunnel of Terror V2.0! In the zip file provided, it contains both the remake and the original level from 2004. I, too, will proved some screenshots showing the remade version. Hope all of you enjoy and have a Happy Thanksgiving! :)

-Alando1

Tunnel of Terror Download:

TunnelOfTerror.zip

Screenshot_Doom_20230904_205610_JPG.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20230904_205657_JPG.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20230904_205722_JPG.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20230904_205750_JPG.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20230904_205946_JPG.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20230904_210015_JPG.jpg

Edited by alando1

I played it and finished it in HMP, it was fun! I finished with 90% kills because I was out of ammo at the last segment so I had to run to the exit! I enjoyed the concept, how you start in a spaceship and you drop down and then enter a pitch black tunnel. The map layout is cool, I like how it's indeed a long tunnel and also how it's large enough to comfortably maneuver to kill the hordes of mosters. I also tired the original 2004 one but yeah tht was too slaughtery for me, I couldn't get past the first part.

its a great map,from start to finish i enjoy exploring it,layout and progression were impressive, 

only complain i got is combats and fights map is way too easy with tons of health and ammo even on UV skill and that immortal and mega sphere make it a childs play which didnt suit the scale and feel of map,monstetrs are harmless due to large spaces and your monster placement and selection is not great too....

otherwise its great as i said earlier 

cant open 2004v in prboom here is my first blind attempt demo uv skill, iddt used, cl9 with 100% kills and 2 out of 3 secrets cant open 1 secret took me 13 mins and 0 death 

popi9.zip

@tornado potato - Glad you've enjoyed it :)

@Zahid - Glad to hear you've enjoyed it :) Would you be able to expand on the enemy placement critique? What monster types would be more fitting for parts of the level? Or how many of those enemy types would be more appropriate? By the way, I am not spamming Revenant or Arch-Vile, LOL. Thank you for the feedback.

-Alando1

Very nice map!
Ill be posting a gameplay later;  just curious, whats the name of the music?
I recall hearing it somewhere before, but I dont know any details about it.

Edit: I played it with Mods and some modifications.

Edited by BerserkerNoir

@BerserkerNoir - Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it :) Also, nice video. I'm not sure what the name of the song was. I had gotten the song from another Doom wad called "kk-build.wad" or "Building Hell." When I heard the music in that wad, I really enjoyed its sound. The wad might be floating around somewhere on the idgames archive. The wad was made back in the late 90s and had an update in 2000 or so (rough guess). While looking for it, this is the closest I can find (the up-to-date version):

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/j-l/kk-blddl

Hopefully, it still has this song.

@Riclo500 - Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it :) Nice video, too.

-Alando1