Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrea Rovenski

[idgames] A War On Christmas: Part 2 :: 12-map Christmas Themed Adventure :: Limit-removing -complevel 2

5 minutes ago, mancubian_candidate said:

Forgot to mention I finished this during the weekend - thanks Andrea, had great fun with this. :)

The Gib sound is just legendary haha

thank you! my favorite gib part is the santa section in map11 just for that :P

lol so I might have partied too hard tonight and could not focus on this so good LOL

so I will try again when I clean it up

Gunna watch it a wonderful life 

Pretty out of er buds 

Good times chr7s lights 

My wife just put candles in my turkey sandwich LOL

Alright - revisited this map and I appreciate how evil it is  - everything is a trap but at the same time you can just leave - lol - wacky stuff I love it

Ok I was ready this time - blind run - did much better lol - had a lot of fun feeling good tonight - these maps are SO GOOD

omg these bonus maps LOL - what a wild ride and balanced perfectly - so many candy canes but still not completely safe either

Hello,

it's time for the festive Thursday Night Survival and turns out A War On Christmas is so irresistible as a fast-paced romp for the season that we choose it yet again over any fancy Christmas wads after playing "part 1" last year.

The session starts 9 hours from the time of this reply and you can expect it to be fairly active (later with various crazy settings) for 4+ hours.

Here we go - I will post these now as I am about to get the christmas busies but will air em later

good times - map 11 was especially interesting for me - I truly love these maps so much thanks for the entertainment! 

Congratulations on the release of your second war on xmas wad and thanks for making it. Sadly, it seems evil santa cannot be rehabilitated and is up no good yet again. I had a blast playing it through on UV. Fortunately evil santa and his clones and elf sidekicks didn't beat up doomguy too badly. I managed uvmaxes for all maps except for map04 where I've heard on the grapevine that the secret soulsphere cannot be reached without cheats.

I was lucky enough to find 3 of the "hidden woofers", not sure if there are any others.

Spoiler

1. map09 in the secret behind the yellow door.
  2. map11 in the megasphere secret.
  3. map13 the exitless outro map.

Additionally I can claim the following 4 honorific titles:

• christmas veteran - uv completion
  • a bag of tricks - map23 may be a small map but it's packed full of secrets
  • too dense for this - it was fun working out the keyless route on map11, not too hard once you know the map progression and the map secrets
  • snow dog - woof, woof!

My favorite maps are:

• map11 - evil santas workshop/warehouse
  • map13 - listening to evil santas getting crushed makes me chuckle
  • map22 - with over 1000 evil santas, it's not easy to pacify them all, especially with evil archviles resurrecting the buggers
Edited by tmorrow : corrected my missing secret from map03->map04

awesome report! I'm glad you had a fun time. map11 is my favorite, too. For map03, the soulsphere can be gotten with the same switch the lift to the exit uses. :)

Here's a d2all uv max speedrun in case you (or anyone else) wants help with certain secrets: 

21 hours ago, StyxGaming said:

My full playthrough of this wad. I had so much fun with this. A great follow up to last year! Merry Christmas everyone!

I've been watching them, thanks again for the walkthroughs!

10 hours ago, Andrea Rovenski said:

or map03, the soulsphere can be gotten with the same switch the lift to the exit uses. :)

Apologies, I meant map04. In your d2all, you managed to obtain the secret by cleverly forcing doomguy through between the left wall and the tree. I haven't been able to duplicate this in gzdoom yet. I think you are using a prboom+/dsdadoom which may have different behavior. I'll play around with it a bit more while watching your d2all in full and drinking much needed coffee!

Edit: The soulsphere secret works fine on dsdadoom but not gzdoom, even using some of its doom, doom strict settings. Bad gzdoom, failing the compatibility test yet again! Still watching your d2all. Speedy!

Edited by tmorrow

yes, this wad requires a umapinfo port for level names, par times, and the secret exits to work properly. so you'll probably want to switch to the latest dsda-doom version (which might be annoying, but trust me when i say its well worth it just for cl21 wads alone!)