Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fonze

Baba is You sprite sheets for Stream Avatars

I recently got stream avatars and have been taking some time to learn it by making baba is you avatars to use.

I've made some minor edits to some frames. Lmk if anything looks wonky, particularly with the sitting/standing up and jumping animations.

Here's a baba! And other things!

Baba:

JSQwXZU.png

o1ri9Ga.gif

Catch 'Em All Baba:

YsnXsWO.png

MeqD6ED.gif

Construction Baba:

xqcxwrS.png

KCr64fe.gif

Badbad:

rdfnWZL.png

FWJioOG.gif

Keke:

KgFT4BK.png

NNQ0Gi1.gif

Robot:

O9gFkYf.png

A3jJRyw.gif

Monster:

xdDQy6n.png

EuWDAgV.gif

Me:

JUC5naM.png

tpVz5Md.gif

Fofo:

s4uaexz.png

sCRaUN1.gif

It:

KtC1ct9.png

fljJnZq.gif

Frog:

GWu64Xs.png

HRrikSg.gif

Jiji:

ltZAxYc.png

L81elcY.gif

Lizard:

sJKbP20.png

ZLCfZId.gif

Bunny:

0aEaHnA.png

OQ9lcRa.gif

Eye:

HbvojNu.png

pVLk0d1.gif

Worm:

pKkZs2B.png

tauY3AQ.gif

Anni:

AfNZBOW.png

5EDUJVm.gif

Cat:

Y1fxEmV.png

w2Wef38.gif

Dog:

VTLlpLO.png

YeBe28W.gif

Fixed non-wobbly walking animations and added new characters. Will do up some 90x90 gifs for dw avatars too as I consider each finished. May add another custom animation for each character so badbad isn't the only one with something special. If anybody has any ideas for custom animations that would be in-character for these, lmk! ❤️

Edited by Fonze

Neat, well done.

As far as DoomWorld profile photos, you can probably get rid of the fuzzyness if you want to, by upscaling the gif so that it's larger. DW pfps are scaled to 90x90 on desktop, for me at least, which is a nice even multiple of what you have now.

Take it if you want it!

badbad90.gif

5 hours ago, plums said:

Neat, well done.

As far as DoomWorld profile photos, you can probably get rid of the fuzzyness if you want to, by upscaling the gif so that it's larger. DW pfps are scaled to 90x90 on desktop, for me at least, which is a nice even multiple of what you have now.

Take it if you want it!

Oh ty that looks great plums! 

Truth be told I have to remake the badbad gif anyway as the sprite sheet to gif converter I used totally borked the colors in several frames lol... maybe look into a different type of gif maker program? I'll keep the sizes in mind for when I do too; I'm only making the gifs for sharing purposes. Ty again for the tip and corrected profile gif! ❤️

I guess while I'm posting, here's a Keke I made last night. Sorry the gif is only 25x25

cbYn7L7.png

MUkhgtE.gif

I was bothered by the non-wobbly animations of the previous gifs, so I redid them (and the sprite sheets) with alternating frames so the characters will remain undefinable eldrich monstrosities as they move. I also finished a basic version of the monster and robot. I did not do 90x90 versions of the gifs yet; none of these sprites are a factor of 90, so I'll need to do special spacing/scaling to make them into that. I'm also not sure that I'm done with these yet, I don't like that badbad is the only one with something special going on, so I kinda want to do that for each of the different characters. When I consider each to be totally finished, I'll go about making some 90x90's for dw avatars if people want them. I did make these two with a height of 30 in preparation for that, since I need some extra height for the jump animation anyway. I also need to find a new gif maker before making 90x90's, the one I'm using seems to mess up the colors frequently...

If anybody has any ideas for in-character animations for these, lmk! I may make it happen ❤️

Robot and monster:

O9gFkYf.png

IT6piND.gif

xdDQy6n.png

kVEswEX.gif

Most characters are essentially finished thus far, so added them to the OP, also despoilerized it. I just have cat and dog left. I think they're gonna need the most custom sprite work, so I'm saving them for another day. I'm hoping to base some of cat on jiji: I already made some jiji kneading frames, and jiji has bun frames already, so those could fit well with cat. Both cat and dog additionally need idle animations too, as well as the usual sit, stand, and jump.

Hopefully will get to those in the next couple days, then I can start working on some unique thingy for each character to do. I'll make up the final-ish gifs and will also go for making some 90x90's of them too around that point for dw avatars.

I originally made the gifs just so I can see stuff in motion without having to put it into the stream avatars program with each new iteration; I wasn't planning on the gifs themselves to be the focus of this project, but they are nice for sharing and critiquing. I'm happy to put some effort into making them a good quality, since I'm making them anyway and they show my bit of editing work here for the main project in action, but I just don't understand why the colors keep coming out wrong in the gifs... makes it hard to care so much about if they're blurry in some apps/browsers; if anything, at least the blurriness hides the colors lol 🙃

I also kinda want to look into items for them, so it may be a while yet before this is uploaded to the steam workshop. The png's are set to be plugged directly in tho, just adjust the sprite dimensions, rename line 6 to sit_loop, line 7 to darn! for badbad, loop sit_loop 3 times, and make sure box to return to idle is checked. Most are 25x25, badbad is 25x32.

All of the basic animations for all characters have been done! Basic project goals can be considered at/near a finished state. Cat and dog are 27x25, new babas 25x25 like the first. Would love feedback on if everything looks okay, or if anything would be better another way.

From here, I still would like to make a custom animation for each, maybe something like the cat stretching or the dog wagging its tail and barking... and who knows for the other ones, maybe attack animations instead. After that I'll have to remake the sprite sheets for the gifs for the early ones I did to standardize their sizes and animation loops, then I'll make some 90x90's of them for pfp's, and then look into items and such.