Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here is the FDA!

Well what a neat little level we have here!

Straightforward progression, interesting combat, simple and efficient fun. Great stuff!

Very impressive for a first level imo. I think you have a good grasp on this mapping thing, particularly the decorations (I enjoyed the guy hanged on the wall with his lower body turned into a blood splatter). I couldn't figure out the revenant closet secret though. I'm personally not a fan of purely dark places, even if partially illuminated by timed flashing lights, but it did make me play more careful because I couldn't know what to expect. The only thing I didn't like was the switch hidden in the dark because it felt like pure chance activating it rather than deducing its existence via environmental clues.

Sadly no FDA because I'm new to this playtesting thing and didn't realize I should/could do that.

2 minutes ago, Cocademon said:

Very impressive for a first level imo. I think you have a good grasp on this mapping thing, particularly the decorations (I enjoyed the guy hanged on the wall with his lower body turned into a blood splatter). I couldn't figure out the revenant closet secret though. I'm personally not a fan of purely dark places, even if partially illuminated by timed flashing lights, but it did make me play more careful because I couldn't know what to expect. The only thing I didn't like was the switch hidden in the dark because it felt like pure chance activating it rather than deducing its existence via environmental clues.

Sadly no FDA because I'm new to this playtesting thing and didn't realize I should/could do that.

FDA or not, thanks for the feedback. I wanted to avoid plain, wall-humping secrets, but now I think I understand the sheer amount of darkness makes wall-humping the only reliable choice for chancing upon them here. It's something I'll have to be more conscious of in the future.

Firstly, I think we must read some of the same literature.:) Second, the album Obey is fucking miserable and RULES! 3>

Anyways, it's a pretty nice map! The teleportation of enemies felt a little random in spots and as someone pointed out above, there are a few overly dark areas.

Cool first map, I really enjoyed it. I liked the use of chaingunners, and the secret blue armor that repopulates the cave area was a nice surprise encounter. I thought the dark areas were cool too, you don't really see that sort of heavy lighting contrast much anymore.

Competent, works in gzdoom.  Dark, picky combat with ambush around EVERY corner just isn't my thang. Don't take that to heart though b/c it's fine :)

Just wanted to let you know it works with gzdoom.

Cool map! Well built with a nice variety of rooms: techbase, ruins, bloody cave, etc...

The combat felt interesting and well thought out: The lack of resources, tight spaces, and the constant ambushes in the dark made for some tense encounters. 

My only complaint is that the "last archvile on earth" encounter was a little underwhelming.

Keep up the good work!