Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I'm new here so I'm still getting used to how it works. I'm looking for TC's or wads that are based on or inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's Dream Cycle or at least Cthulhu mythos. I love horror wads don't get me wrong, but after a while they get kinda repetitive. What would you suggest along those lines?

5 minutes ago, General Rainbow Bacon said:

Check out Strange Aeons by ImpieTwo.  Also there's Shrine and Shrine 2 which are not technically Doom wads, but use the Doom engine.

It's funny you should mention Strange Eons. I just watched the video by IcarusLIVES on this wad and was gonna check it out. 

Yeah, unfortunately nobody has tackled making a full TC of something like "Dream Quest", which would be awesome if done well.  Also, Lovecraft inspired maps can be hard to make since he was about cosmic horror and imagined horror so that anything we actually make wouldn't live up to expectations.  "At the Mountains of Madness" would be another full TC project that would be great again if it's done well.

The doom that came to sarnath would be a fun concept too but I agree, it would be hard to do any Lovecraft story justice in the confines of a visual game. At least using the doom engine anyway.

Rylayeh is the most direct H.P.L-influenced mapset out there. The WAD's name itself is a H.P.L. reference :p

I think this WAD is the one that best transcribes Lovecraft's atmosphere. Music and design work well for this.

Absolutely try out this one !