DooM II = 100%

Master Levels = 100%

TnT = 100%

Plutonia = 70%

DooM 64 = 50%

DooM 3 = 75%

DooM 2016 = 20% (In Progress)

DooM Eternal (Haven't played yet)

Daily 100% walkthrough guides currently being uploaded daily on my YouTube page Classic DooM, DooM II, Master Levels and 2016 currently receiving daily uploads.  I just got a playable Port of Doom 64 so excited about finishing some of these others and finally completing it.

5 hours ago, Devalaous said:

image.png.d8930901d0dfccd5a6dc961b3923c026.png

As you can see here from the stats, GZDoom automatically removes the broken secrets and fixes the map on the fly, its possible legit when playing this port

Oh, right, I had read that earlier in the thread and didn't think about it, I guess? And I feel like GZDoom is probably the most ubiquitous source port these days.

Posted (edited)

I'm honestly bewildered why those secrets weren't fixed in the Unity port, but MAP06's crash bug in Doom II was, and E4M1 was modified. You can fix all of the broken secrets in around 20 minutes or less in UDB.

Edited by Devalaous

6 hours ago, Devalaous said:

image.png.d8930901d0dfccd5a6dc961b3923c026.png

As you can see here from the stats, GZDoom automatically removes the broken secrets and fixes the map on the fly, its possible legit when playing this port

I just took a look in SLADE3, and that rocket alcove near the red key is sure something. A linedef right before the rocket launcher and rockets has a "SR Floor To 8 Below LAC + Crush" special. Creator of that map tried to make a small crushing floor trap that'd block the entrance to the alcove, similar to the one in E2M4, but used a switch special (SR) instead of a walk-over special (WR). Unsurprisingly, it doesn't work, and makes the floor-lowering switch pointless. Then there's the secret in front of that switch. Instead of one, it's 19 secrets. Every sector behind the hidden door, including 16 steps, is tagged as a secret! I play on GZDoom and never had to experience this in-game, so it's a bit bizarre finding out how many blunders there are in official maps. Kudos to port devs for fixing them!

I also found a location in that same area that I think I've never visited before: a small hidden corridor (not tagged as a secret) leading to a teleporter. This one is pretty redundant as well, since it just takes you to the very beginning of the level, and there's already a teleporter nearby that gets you out of the lava pit. There's yet another linedef with a special in that corridor, that's supposed to reset the non-working floor trap. At least map's author cared about softlock prevention!

Moral of the story: playtest your maps.

I've been playing since 1994 and have not come close to 100% :)

I finished the original three episodes, but have never been to E2M9 or E3M9 except via idclev.

I've attempted DOOM 2 many times, but never gotten more than half-way through before losing interest. I've seen each map at least once via idclev, but never properly.

I got part way into E4, but have only seen most maps via idclev.

I played all the way through TNT, but never finished map 30. I like TNT way better than DOOM 2.

I've played a few maps of Plutonia with idclev. One day I want to get all the way through...

Oh, and I've probably found less than half the secrets. I think I can get 100% on E1 but that's just because I have played it so much more than anything else.

Of the original 1990s classics yeah pretty much, only one I didn't fully complete was the Master Levels and I haven't played Sigil yet.

As The DHT's are defunc'd since many years, I tried to make me a doom master by completing

every official level (UD, D2, FD & ML) in UV with 100%. Does that count?

On 5/11/2024 at 6:36 AM, Devalaous said:

I'm honestly bewildered why those secrets weren't fixed in the Unity port, but MAP06's crash bug in Doom II was, and E4M1 was modified. You can fix all of the broken secrets in around 20 minutes or less in UDB.

Fix a bug and destroy compatibility.  Doom Multiplayer is already a mess due to the many crap versions B'seda is spilling out. Would probably make things worse...