Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lüt

Level-by-level analysis of Doom

Lüt said:

Obviously there's no denying the actual medikit, but its placement at the X coordinate of -1504 certainly reveals a deeper meaning than one may expect.

Very true, I did not think of that. The triangulation with the shotgun shells in the upper left and that barrel over there is eerie.

Reminds me of 'NAM.

Lüt said:

Obviously there's no denying the actual medikit, but its placement at the X coordinate of -1504 certainly reveals a deeper meaning than one may expect. In fact, you'll find MANY objects placed at an X coordinate of -1504. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

-1504! WOW that's cool! Because my birthday is -1/5/04 !!! I think that medikit was meant just for me :-D

Mancubus II said:

Upon entering the open hallway, I question the true necessity of the pillar in the middle. I understand its asthetic value, but what is it supporting? I mean, can I get a witness?

The roof?

Mancubus II said:

Upon entering the open hallway, I question the true necessity of the pillar in the middle. I understand its asthetic value, but what is it supporting? I mean, can I get a witness?

I believe they're there to keep the actual pathway from falling into the nukage.

Shaviro said:

The roof?

Look at the hallway monkey! It's got an OPEN CEILING!

It's supporting the sky texture?

Mancubus II said:

You are skipping ahead way too fast!

Mancubus II said:

LOL of course!!! Wouldn't the sky fall down otherwise?

Man, I just can't get enough of getting that blue key, then BAM! Lights go out. I always wonder if it's a power outtage, or if the imps are throwing me a surprise party.

Once the door opens tho, it seems pretty obvious when they come out and don't have a cake.

Alright, that's as far as I'm going. Talk amongst yourselves for a while.

xooz98 said:

-1504! WOW that's cool! Because my birthday is -1/5/04 !!! I think that medikit was meant just for me :-D

OMG! YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE!

xooz98 said:

Don't waste your time on him! He's obviously retardedW%#¤DFG"¤%&EVRG :P

j/k

Shaviro said:

j/k

OMG

/me spanks

Shaviro said:

j/k

LOL i'm not bragging, it's just that some things come easier to me :-D

xooz98 said:

Of course, who knows how strong an effect the gravity generators at the base might have on the sky. The designer obviously thought it necessary to prevent the entire sky from falling through the roof and blocking your path.

Lüt said:

Of course, who knows how strong an effect the gravity generators at the base might have on the sky. The designer obviously thought it necessary to prevent the entire sky from falling through the roof and blocking your path.

People used to believe the 'sky could fall down'!

Lüt said:

Yeah! Like what if the sky killed you everytime on the third level!! LOL taht would suck :-D But that nukage at the beginning kills me everytime anyways!!!

xooz98 said:

Yeah! Like what if the sky killed you everytime on the third level!! LOL taht would suck :-D But that nukage at the beginning kills me everytime anyways!!!

Yeah! It's like the ultimate trap! First they encourage you with a stimpack making sure you'll walk right into the nukage!

Shaviro said:

Yeah! It's like the ultimate trap! First they encourage you with a stimpack making sure you'll walk right into the nukage!

LOL yeah it gets me everytime :-D

The tech column under the open sky is actually a trap for cacodemons. If they hover too closely above the roof, they'll get sucked into the pillar and never get out again. The minced and compressed caco meat is later transfered through the floor and sent through a pipeline to E1M6. Ever wondered why there are no cacos in E1? It's due to that thing.

xooz98 said:

LOL yeah it gets me everytime :-D

Used to get me too! Just use the shotgun and imp as warnings of the horror to come! omg!

Fredrik said:

The tech column under the open sky is actually a trap for cacodemons. If they hover too closely above the roof, they'll get sucked into the pillar and never get out again. The minced and compressed caco meat is later transfered through the floor and sent through a pipeline to E1M6.

LOL!!! I didnt know taht!!! But I always wondered how the barons ate! Now i still have to find out how they go to teh bathroom! :-D

Fredrik said:

The tech column under the open sky is actually a trap for cacodemons. If they hover too closely above the roof, they'll get sucked into the pillar and never get out again. The minced and compressed caco meat is later transfered through the floor and sent through a pipeline to E1M6. Ever wondered why there are no cacos in E1? It's due to that thing.

how evil and.... extremely cool! :D

I really like the way the small start room leads into a much larger room afterward. Very theatrical.

Lüt said:

I really like the way the small start room leads into a much larger room afterward. Very theatrical.

LOL "All the world's a doom level" :-D

Lüt said:

It's pretty surprising, actually! I'm always shocked and horrified when I see that large room. I thought it would be small room galore all the way through!

Fredrik said:

I see it also works for the sky, because I notice a lot of sky in E1M6 as well.

Lüt said:

I see it also works for the sky, because I notice a lot of sky in E1M6 as well.

as well as weapons!