Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimm

Monster Teleportation Problem

I have a bunch of enemies off in their own little area, and eventually, they all teleport in. My problem is, a lot of them walk right past the line and and don't teleport. At first, I thought it was because a few were trying to cross the line at the same time, so I made it single file. That didn't work. So, now it seems that teleports are idle for a few seconds after they've been activated. Is there any good way to fix this problem?

you may want to make more teleport lines with different tags (assigned to other sectors of course). it seems when the first monster teleports in, he is still blocking the path for the others to get through (assuming you only have one teleport line/tag)

Deathman's answer is excellent. I have to often times use several teleport lines to different sectors to get the monsters to come into a room more quickly. You can fill a room quickly that way.

I recently used a special method to get around this problem.

The setup: one to three arachnotrons in the box (depending on skill level). They'll move over the teleport line, but won't be able to teleport, as there is another, deaf arachnotron on their destination spot. So they keep going... into a second teleport line which sends them back to the other edge of the box. Find and kill the deaf one, and the others come through one at a time.

one neat method you can try is to place every single monster into a tight-filled box with a teleport line. and assign each one to a certain sector.

not only they teleport faster, but all of them will teleport at once.

you can have them surround a room in seconds.

I've done that particular teleporting trick before in some of my own levels, it can be very chaotic when a room is filled with exactly 77 monsters of varying types in under four seconds :)

I usually do one teleport line per 1-3 monsters depending on how fast I want them to teleport in. Also make sure the teleporting rooms are small so they can't roam around, far from the teleport lines.

Then again, if you make a long, thin box, I've noticed the enemies in there will always walk in a straight line, back and forth down the path. So you need to give them a little space to maneuver. And they'll always try to get you, anyway, even by walking against the nearest wall, so as long as you build it right, there should be little or no delays anyway.