Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kelzam

The Infernal

Doom 3 map I'm working and will release at some point and time in the future. I won't lie, it's going to be pretty linear and straight forward. In a way it's my guinea pig for my own testing purposes. However, I'm putting great work into the details and architecture in the map, so hopefully it'll be fun to run through when it's done.

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3
Screenshot 4
Screenshot 5
Screenshot 6
Screenshot 7
Screenshot 8

Nice! A little bit too colorful though. I suggest to choose a main color to use throughout the level and various colors for minor things (torches, etc)..

Kaiser said:

Nice! A little bit too colorful though. I suggest to choose a main color to use throughout the level and various colors for minor things (torches, etc)..

Thanks for the advice :) The lighting I've found to be really hard to do and get right, maybe I'm just not using the right techniques or something. I'm still learning as I go though, and as I go and learn things I of course go back an fix the problems.

Now I'm having troubles with exploding Trites -_-;...

this is looking great, i dunno if i'd agree with Kaiser though, i liked the colour effects tbh. Looked great imho. Something different..
I did like screen 4 - those spiders looked great dropping down like that rather than landing into total darkness.

Looking forward to playing this :)
Any news on a release date? (maybe a beta?)

Good luck!

striderdm1 said:

this is looking great, i dunno if i'd agree with Kaiser though, i liked the colour effects tbh. Looked great imho. Something different..
I did like screen 4 - those spiders looked great dropping down like that rather than landing into total darkness.

Looking forward to playing this :)
Any news on a release date? (maybe a beta?)

Good luck!

Thanks!

Contrary to advice I've received from Spork and Kaiser, I actually like the colors used in the map. However I have tried to keep it down to one color scheme. I'm looking for people who have Doom 3 + RoE to check stuff out and give advice, so if you have either contact me :) I'll post new screens later today!

fraid not, RoE is still not out on the Mac darnit :( But glad about what you said about the colour ;) Good move imho. A little variety plus that was something that really worked back in the days of psx-doom.. well, imho anyhow !

Hope your map is compatible with normal Doom3 after all this! lol. Are u making two varients? One for RoE and one for standard D3.

Cheers (quick reply that!)

striderdm1 said:

fraid not, RoE is still not out on the Mac darnit :( But glad about what you said about the colour ;) Good move imho. A little variety plus that was something that really worked back in the days of psx-doom.. well, imho anyhow !

Hope your map is compatible with normal Doom3 after all this! lol. Are u making two varients? One for RoE and one for standard D3.

Cheers (quick reply that!)

Ah the Mac :P

Yeah I thought the lack of color with all the lighting possibilities available was really boring and drab in Doom 3. Then again, maybe I'm too used to editing for JDoom :P

As for a Doom 3 version... I'll give you a maybe on that, after I get done with the RoE version. In the end it'd depend on how much stuff I'd have to change.

Here's a couple screens until I get the newer ones later:

lol! yes the mac ;)

with regards to the new screens - like wow! i LOVE that first screen shot. It looks incredible. Continue this way, great work! (yeah thinking about it, it does look/feel like jdoom in its style. Nice!)

A maybe is good enough for vanilla doom3. I don't wanna push u too hard ;D Though anyone (pc, mac, linux) without RoE installed would be missing out here. Gotta say things are looking great.

Keep us posted with new screens any progress details :) (my last reply for tonight this)

Cheers