Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealthy Ivan

Question for the DW community!!! [multiplayer musings]

I remember back in the day on BBS's we used to have a yearly Doom deathmatch called BloodFest! Every one on the BBS used to compete in this event! I have great memories of this, it was kinda like FNF but better! (way more peeps, and thats back when only 4 players could participate in a game so there was multiple games playing at once. All of the winners of the games then would compete, till there was only one winner!!!) I was figuring the DW community could compete on skulltag or what ever in a DM match just for fun! Maybe the mods here on DW could help me get this going! :) (I'm sure it would be good fun, plus it would make the DW community stronger!)

Hey just a thought... :P DooM is my fav. computer game so I'm trying to keep it going!!!
Any ideas?

BTW yo mods, maybe bring back the Multiplayer forum and I can mod it/baby sit :P and organize some games!

Sorry, the multiplayer community is a shithole these days. There's Skulltag if you want retards and egomanics, and there's ZDaemon if you want retards, egomanics, and pedophiles. Either way, you lose.

I'm talking about the DW community (all of the old school people like the mods and the people that have been here since 99/00 and earlier) These are the people who will actually have a respect for the game (Noobs are welcome as long as you play doom and not start trouble)

I've been playing since Doom Shareware Days! I still have the original 3.5 floppies I bought for $40 from ID...the so-called registered version...:) Those were good days, I used to run deathmatch tournaments on two different BBS's using "Game Connection." The BBS's were "Dynasty" and "Infinite Space"...they hated each others guts but they both had deathmatch tourneys with up to 4 players on a 14.4 modem. I used to play on those "Dwango" Servers where it cost you per hour to play, but it was all good. I still have my "modem strings" from those days in a notebook! Good stuff!!

1994 rocket fragfest arenas all the way, baby!