Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraboy94

Good deal or not?

Today I couldn't believe my luck when I found a bix box copy of The Ultimate Doom in a charity shop. I bought it for the sticker price of £3, and brought it home.

The box has a little damage at the bottom but otherwise perfect, all 5 original Floppies are present, the Manual is in good condition, and when I opened the box I also found 2 extra D! Zone V1.3 floppies included.

I can post images if needed, but is it a good deal?

EDIT: Oops, wrong forum. Please move to Doom General.

No, you got ripped. 50 cents at most.

I got my ultimate doom copy in a similar fashion, a couple of years ago a second hand games store was closing down so they were clearing stock. Box and floppies were in perfect condition with ordering cards and such, only con was no manual. $9.

Sorry for the sorta bump.

A friend of mine just installed a spare floppy drive he had into my computer, so I've installed D! Zone onto my machine (As I can run the WADs through Skulltag, the Ultimate Doom floppies I have just for collector's sake.

Haven't tried the WADs yet, but this has certainly made that £3 a good deal.

Fantastic deal. I was in a record shop (one that also sold little stupid items up front) and I found some manual for Doom II. I forget the price, but it was too much for me to give a fuck.

If it was the DooM II strategy guide by Ed Dille, I'd fucking kill to have it. I used to have one, and it got ripped off years back. I loved that thing for some stupid reason.

StevieCybernetik said:

If it was the DooM II strategy guide by Ed Dille, I'd fucking kill to have it. I used to have one, and it got ripped off years back. I loved that thing for some stupid reason.

I don't remember if that was it or not, but I have the feeling it wasn't. I think it may have even been the game manual. :P